What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More BS

Burns

First Grade
Why can I buy tickets to State of Origin in Perth for next year, but still:

1) don’t know where Aus v NZ will be played,
2) what time, and when when tickets are on sale?
And then on top of all that, there cannot be a decision made on the never ending thought bubble that is Australia v Tonga??

adamkungl

Immortal

And then on top of all that, there cannot be a decision made on the never ending thought bubble that is Australia v Tonga??

Staggering self-sabotage

They'll probably play Aus v NZ in Campbeltown

deluded pom?

Coach

It’s all about prioritising.

Coastbloke

Bench

Nailed it...

The Great Dane

First Grade
NRL looking to hold the test in New York.

NRL considers New York option for Kangaroos' Test against Tonga https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/18/nrl-considers-new-york-option-for-kangaroos-test-against-tonga/
New York is a waste of time...
It'll be very expensive, there's way to much competition in NY from other forms of entertainment, and it'll get next to no penetration in the local media. If they play in NY it'll just be a mickey mouse game/publicity stunt that isn't worth the time or effort.

If the NRL are serious about taking a game against Tonga (or any PI nation for that matter) to the US, and they want it to at least have some sort of impact locally then there are only 3 options: Hawaii, somewhere in California (NOT LA though), or Salt Lake City.

Hawaii for obvious reasons, though if you want to have an impact in the larger culture it's not the best choice (not that one stand alone game is going to have any sort of long term impact anyway), Hawaii is a market we should be targeting independent of the mainland though IMO.

California has large expat Australian and PI communities, and the NRL has lots of celebrity connections that could easily be exploited there, LA should be avoided though in my opinion (for similar reasons to NY).

Salt Lake City has one of if not the largest PIs communities in the states, tons of Mormon PIs (particularly Tongan and Samoan) move there and live there, and most of them consider themselves (e.g.) Tongan first and American second (even the ones whos families migrated generations ago), if well planned and well marketed there could be a huge market for PI nations games in Salt Lake.

Anyway, just my opinions.

adamkungl

Immortal
The fools who think the Denver test was poorly organised, or should be held post-season, are about to get a lesson in reality when the NRL strolls into New York against the NFL NBA and NHL.

RedVee

First Grade
Can’t believe it will be in NY. How about Auckland? Make a good Tri Series with NZ involved.