What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More internationals on Fox Sports

Razor

Coach
When French Television cut Rugby League from its schedule (after a major sponsor of RU purchased the channel), the public let them know they weren't happy.

They cancelled their subscriptions en masse, and signed petitions, they eventually relented after losing a tonne of subscribers and started showing it again. Cancelling your subscription will also hurt you, not being able to watch other things, but it will also hurt Fox Sports. If enough people cancel, Fox Sports might start to screen the games. Only to show the the games shown on television overseas, which a lot of Russian & Lebanese internationals are, then it will hardly cost them a cent. Get the feed, and do the commentary in a studio. They have commentators on salary, not all of them are paid per game, so they won't have to pay the extra. And if there is English speaking commentators doing it for somewhere they won't even need their own commentators.

I'll be cancelling, it's outside the NRL season so the loss won't be as bad.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
i would watch any international league.the more the better,if they can show yawion club rugby from south africa and new zealand as well as our own crap comps that there got,they can show some international league.

dimitri

First Grade
surely international league is better than 75% of the crap they televise

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Big Bunny

Juniors
Fox could care less what actually is popular or not, as long as rugby league fans stay connected for the NRL they know they don't have to do anything else. They can sit on their hands and throw their efforts behind keeping the union miniority happy.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
dimitri said:
that is why they are a disgrace

bring back C7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh no anything but C7!!

Put it this way i'll rather watch international league than the snooker and go carting . Who am I to argue though they obviously draw an enormous audience.

dimitri

First Grade
c7 had the best intentions for rugby league

they showed whatever they could

but were always bullied by nrl, news ltd, fox etc etc

:roll:

Razor

Coach
dimitri said:
c7 had the best intentions for rugby league

they showed whatever they could

but were always bullied by nrl, news ltd, fox etc etc

:roll:

C7 had signed an agreement to show the QLD Cup and were looking into the Northern Ford RL before being shut down.

Part of their plan for the NRL rights was to have a RL channel which would include other internationals and a lot they could get their hands on.

C7 had great respect for RL.

dimitri

First Grade
i agree

although i dont think news ltd have any thing to do with international league

Razor

Coach
joondalup_giant said:
if C7 got league then say goodbye to league in W.A

C7 offered themselves to Foxtel for 2 years prior to them closing down. Foxtel refused. With a seperate League channel they could take it without the other packages. I'm sure if they refused plenty of people would have complained.

If the NRL refused to give C7 the rights for that reason, 7 has the case against the NRL, News Ltd, Foxtel & Fox Sports (currently in court) won already.

Just like Fox Sports offered themselves to Optus for the same period. Optus refused, before they finally agreed to take it, as long as they could call it Optus Sports (later changed when they signed the agreement)

Latest posts