More irony and hypocrisy from Feminists/SJW's

Discussion in 'Four Corners' started by Collateral, Jun 1, 2017.

1. LESStar58

LESStar58 Referee

EVERYTHING is up for debate and everything you believe should be challenged. That's the thing these PC authoritarians and ideologues fail to grasp... because feelings.

to_ddeath and JW like this.
  2. to_ddeath

to_ddeath First Grade

Again that's a black & white point.
    Ford may be a writer furthering her own profile first above the cause..however a lot of vulnerable young women follow her beliefs and views as if they are doctrine without any degree of objectivity..and even to some degree young men as well.
    She encourages her followers to attack others who don't toe the line or follow the mighty echo chamber.
    You might not see her as a figurehead but they do..and more & more are dangerously taking the bait.
    Disallowing alternate viewpoints achieves nothing as I said...anyone has to be willing to meet in the middle.
    Anything else creates more hatred & solves nothing in the end.

Collateral, Haffa and LESStar58 like this.
  3. LESStar58

LESStar58 Referee

This is exactly my issue; it's a case of "damned if you do and damned if you don't".

Follow the party line or be ridiculed is what it comes down to.

It is f**king poisonous.

Collateral and to_ddeath like this.
  4. LESStar58

LESStar58 Referee

Reminds me a little of the interview Joe Rogan did with Leah Remini about Scientology.

Suppresive persons, I believe is what they call the apostates?

Collateral likes this.
  5. sportive cupid

sportive cupid Referee

But all that is about Clem Ford .It isny about feminism.
    On the other point - would you expect all people who felt bably done by to look to compromise and act in a nice way to their oppressors?

I find it interesting that most peiple here would say Mr Trump is right to act in an aggressive way towarda Kim in North Korea ,yet thesame peiple are horrified when women break from the ladylike image when they feel confronted.
    You dont see any inconsistancies here?

6. sportive cupid

sportive cupid Referee

Clem Ford doesnt represent "the party line" She represents a liberal feminism which some feminists would say isnt really a feminist viewpoint at all.
    But again Im not going to condemn her approach..just because a lady shouldn't act like that.

7. to_ddeath

to_ddeath First Grade

I'm not going to condone her approach either... from a human perspective, regardless of gender, it is the wrong approach to take...."non-male" or otherwise.

8. bazza

bazza Coach

I read it as a statement of fact
    It probably says more about the people who take it as a slight than it does about the statement

Shorty likes this.
  9. LESStar58

LESStar58 Referee

A bit of a change of tact but still relevant.

Listening to this while I work... quite enjoying it. She's saying a few things that resonate with me, surprisingly.

Well, probably not so surprisingly. Rubin always seems to bring out the best in people I may oft times vehemently disagree with. He could interview Adolf Hitler and it would still be riveting.

10. TheVelourFog

TheVelourFog Bench

I just thought the wording could be softened without losing the message

at the least it would keep the wolves at bay

11. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! First Grade

12. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! First Grade

As you are from any school.

13. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! First Grade

Nope....it's interesting the buddies you've racked up with.....but we know its because you have a common enemy.

14. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! First Grade

Sounds like MRA and the Red Pill

15. LESStar58

LESStar58 Referee

Spot on, Spocky.

Cassie Jaye, the self-identifying feminist, didn't toe the party line, did she? Look what she got as a consequence; lies, slander, misrepresentation, censorship and her career as a film maker under fire by radical PC authoritarians in Hollywood who told her she was committing career suicide by making the film.

I take it you've seen the film by now.

to_ddeath likes this.
  16. LESStar58

LESStar58 Referee

And shit like this is the reason I would normally not give people like her my time.... but having listened to the Rubin interview and heard her story... she's providing a lot of personal anecdotes as a woman I obviously have ZERO familiarity with given I'm a bloke. But at the core of it, she's making arguments for and about human beings and individuals and from my own personal experience of making my way in the world I totally level with her.

17. sportive cupid

sportive cupid Referee

So can you clarify something Lesstar58.
    You believe that there is a level playing field ?
    Or that that there is priveledge but there are no groups who are priviledged, just individuals who could be any sex race or religion ..its just random?
    SonI guess I'm asking-do you deny the existance of priviledge or think it exists but is not about groups but individuals?

18. Shorty

Shorty Moderator Staff Member

It's very interesting isn't it.

I don't know an awful lot about Laci but even if 'Red Pill' completely misses the point (that a society dominated by macho men is in fact the root cause of a lot of MR issues, nothing to do with feminism) it's still important to bring the issues men face to the public eye because they still need addressing.

Her treatment says more about the current generation than it does modern feminism.

It's all quite sad really, men benefit from true feminism because it is about equality and breaking down society norms.
    This is why true feminists (or radfems) clash with the trans and muslim activists, because they represent all that we are against.

19. Snoop

Snoop Coach

And if the State imposes a particular curriculum for all schools to adhere to what do you do then?

20. Snoop

Snoop Coach

I don't particular go for group labelling myself. People are free to agree and disagree with me as they please. I agree with you on certain matters like universal healthcare and the appalling treatment of refugees by the government.