What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morris Brothers

Gareth67

First Grade
They are St.George boys at heart - would love to see them play out their careers where they belong in the big red V. Good for another couple of years. Their form would skyrocket away from the grubs - believe it!

Undoubtedly both were great stalwarts for the Dragons over the years . However they are now playing on ageing legs . The club needs to look towards the future ( apologies if I am repeating what others have said ) and get these younger players , whom have plenty of speed , into the 1st grade side in 2018 .

Belta

Juniors
Once you turn your back on your club, your mates, your fans you no longer belong in the big red v, you are no longer St George boys at heart...

Born and bred locals, who like Merrin deserted the mother ship. Be gone you scoundrels, shall you never be allowed to Hoist the Red and White sails again .....

Drag Queen

Bench
Brett and Josh are not very popular at Belmore.... Don't need them at all...
Bullshit. I'd love to have them back.
Once you turn your back on your club, your mates, your fans you no longer belong in the big red v, you are no longer St George boys at heart...

Born and bred locals, who like Merrin deserted the mother ship. Be gone you scoundrels, shall you never be allowed to Hoist the Red and White sails again .....
Jeezus you need to get a life. I would still love Merrin and the twins back in the Red V. Undervalued and underpaid. Maybe you should do some research as to the reasons they left.. Check out Bird while you're at it.

Jeezus you need to get a life. I would still love Merrin and the twins back in the Red V. Undervalued and underpaid. Maybe you should do some research as to the reasons they left.. Check out Bird while you're at it.
Merrin is overrated. I would hate to see him back in a dragons jumper. And yes unfortunately the Morris brothers got squeezed out, well josh did and Brett followed.. there's no chance there coming back though

Morris boys were quite loyal to the dragons. Bennett got rid of josh Morris to fit Boyd in the side.. if anything there dirty at the dragons for pushing them out the door

SBD82

Coach

It's not really about why players left though. It's about whether we'd want them back.

The morris boys? Loved both of them. Even wanted Josh to do well despite the awful club he signed with. But both used speed as one of their greatest assets, and both are dramatically slowing due to age and injuries.

Merrin is a lock. On this years form the only lock I would trade JDB for is Lolo. And I'd barely feed merrin. Was upset when he left but things change.

Jack bird? Would have him back, but he's not coming.

red rocket

Juniors

Watched the morris boys play last night and fair dinkum they would be battling to hold their spots playing for the wilcania goannas

hazzbeen

Bench
Morris boys were quite loyal to the dragons. Bennett got rid of josh Morris to fit Boyd in the side.. if anything there dirty at the dragons for pushing them out the door
Poor Morris boys , But lets look on the bright side , we have Mary as our coach for another 2 years and we have McCrone as our number 7 .and we have a great utility player in Mann that can sit on the side line and watch and learn the game ..... So all is looking good .

Redhoopz

Juniors

It's like trying to get the old band back together and churn out the hits of yesteryear...it just won't be the same!

Time to take the rose tinted glasses off!

Gomarchin

Juniors
Watched the morris boys play last night and fair dinkum they would be battling to hold their spots playing for the wilcania goannas
I can't recall seeing the dogs play so poorly but, I can guarantee you they will probably lose their next few games but win their last game against us. Only we can play teams back into form and with the grub paying his last game for the club, watch them put 20 on us!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I can't recall seeing the dogs play so poorly but, I can guarantee you they will probably lose their next few games but win their last game against us. Only we can play teams back into form and with the grub paying his last game for the club, watch them put 20 on us!

Sad but true. And to top it off the loss will probably end the season for the Dragons and the Grubs will get the last laugh..........Geez I really hope not but a possibility. I just hope when we play them Saints are definitely in the 8 and they rest players. The Grubs will be on a mission to take some out with their dirty tactics if Saints are guaranteed top 8 finish before they play them. Kasiano and Eastwood can attack Widdop again.

possm

Coach
Right now watching Fox highlight real of the Morris Brothers. We should never have let them go. Now there past it but a few years ago they were stand outs.

I hope the Lomax brothers do the same in the next year or two.

1st & 10

Juniors
The Coyne brothers. Peter was a very underrated player. Was a school teacher at kingsgrove high during thier brief schoolboy dominance with Mundine/Breeze/Thompson/Peek and Nathan Crain (who sadly is no longer with us)

Life's Good

Coach
Right now watching Fox highlight real of the Morris Brothers. We should never have let them go. Now there past it but a few years ago they were stand outs.

I hope the Lomax brothers do the same in the next year or two.
Working from home today and the Brett Morris tries are a great reminder of what speed can do for you. The Gasnier/Soward/BMorris combination sure did burn plenty of teams through that 2008-2011 run.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach

Sorry should clarify my comment "Morris boys aren't popular with the other players, majority think they're dickheads" ,

This Year?

Immortal
Would love to see if bulldogs need to release some players because of salary cap issues. Both should think on playing out there days at the dragons.

The decline of Brett after he left is one of the saddest things I've ever witnessed in rugby league. He was a superstar at our club and turned into a blue and white abomination the second he put on that jersey. What makes it even sadder is seeing that tattoo whenever he lifts his arm is a reminder of days gone by.

Josh has been gone far too long now and watching them both run around in the Red V as young men was a pleasure to see.

Although neither of them would make our team any better I wouldn't begrudge them if they played their last year in 1st grade for us from a nostalgic point of view.

Yes, I've completely lost the plot.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Funny how Josh gets hammered over leaving when it wasn't even his decision you can blame Bennett for that.

Brett left of his own accord.

Its amazing how many local based players who have moved on or told to move on by the club and some of them have been some really f**king stupid decisions.

Wrong x 2.

The decision to relinquish Josh was made BEFORE Bennett had decided to come to the Dragons; he says as much in a Fox Sports Gold program celebrating the 2010 season.

You can blame Doust for reneging on a promised upgraded new deal for Brett's decision to leave. Personally, I don't feel he has a good rapport with Paul McGregor.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Does anyone have undeniable evidence that Brett has EVER kissed the Bulldogs emblem?

Methinks this is a furphy perpetuated by those with a hatred towards Canterbury.

As for my opinion about the twins, I'll simply point out that even on one leg, both are superior to the likes of Lafai and MacDonald.