What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moses immediate release to Eels.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Why would the Tigers grant his release? Is it to simply not pay his contract for the rest of the season?

Because the little prick was carrying on like a merkin at training, refusing to put in on the park and generally undermining the club.

Ivan should have thrown him off the bus then mowed him and his f**king uncle down where they stood.

Card Shark

Immortal
What a weak prick, deserting your team & chucking a tanty for not getting ya way.

$500k per year says you do what you're f**king told pipsqueak!

Same as that Cody Walker from the Rabbits, wants out as they aren't giving him an upgrade....you'll get it next contract dickhead if you put your head down & arse up!

2141 fella

Juniors
Parra fans should take a step back and smell the roses. There isn't a single supporter of ANY club saying that Moses is a good buy. Except razor.
Ramon, you will disappear under your current guise when Moses fulfils every WT fan's opinion of him. Not if, but when. The writing will be on the wall within 6 weeks, I'd say.
He plays at 5/10 once every 10 games. He can't be told anything. He knows it all.
If you think that BA can take the defects out of his game, forget it. If BA is that good, Parra would have won the last 2 comps.
The traits he had shown in the past 4 weeks should send a shiver down the spine of any parra fan with an iq greater than 80.

wittyfan

Referee
Welcome!!!

C_6rBpnUAAEg6tk.jpg

JamesRustle

First Grade
Left one bottom 8 team for another... he's a dumb schmuck getting dumb advice... and payinh for it.

Bazal

Post Whore
Parra fans should take a step back and smell the roses. There isn't a single supporter of ANY club saying that Moses is a good buy. Except razor.
Ramon, you will disappear under your current guise when Moses fulfils every WT fan's opinion of him. Not if, but when. The writing will be on the wall within 6 weeks, I'd say.
He plays at 5/10 once every 10 games. He can't be told anything. He knows it all.
If you think that BA can take the defects out of his game, forget it. If BA is that good, Parra would have won the last 2 comps.
The traits he had shown in the past 4 weeks should send a shiver down the spine of any parra fan with an iq greater than 80.

You may not agree, but the trump card in all this is Brad Arthur, tbh. Most Eels fans at the moment have complete faith in him as a coach (apart from a few hissy fits after the ambush on Sunday) and I don't think many other clubs fans would argue too much. If he sees something in Moses that he thinks will improve the side then we'll back him for now.

There is absolutely no doubt Moses is talented. Some muppet, probably Pou, made an interesting post comparing Moses to Norman at the same stage of his career. Moses comes out on top in most attacking stats. And he killed it last year. One poor year where he lost the plot as his club imploded doesn't make a career any more than his quality year last year did. It's probably the first real gamble BA has taken, so it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Personally I would have gone after Widdop, but Moses will add another genuine half to a side that relies too heavily on Corey Norman, especially in terms of play kicking.

Vic Mackey

Referee
You may not agree, but the trump card in all this is Brad Arthur, tbh. Most Eels fans at the moment have complete faith in him as a coach (apart from a few hissy fits after the ambush on Sunday) and I don't think many other clubs fans would argue too much. If he sees something in Moses that he thinks will improve the side then we'll back him for now.

There is absolutely no doubt Moses is talented. Some muppet, probably Pou, made an interesting post comparing Moses to Norman at the same stage of his career. Moses comes out on top in most attacking stats. And he killed it last year. One poor year where he lost the plot as his club imploded doesn't make a career any more than his quality year last year did. It's probably the first real gamble BA has taken, so it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Personally I would have gone after Widdop, but Moses will add another genuine half to a side that relies too heavily on Corey Norman, especially in terms of play kicking.

I don't get where Brad Arthur has got this repuatation as a supercoach from? He has been an NRL coach for what, 4 season now (?) and hasn't made a finals series.

He is reaching Ricky Stuart levels on whinging aswell. Tonight on MMM he literally blamed Sunday's flogging on 'the bounce of the ball and the rub of the green not going our way'

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
I don't get where Brad Arthur has got this repuatation as a supercoach from? He has been an NRL coach for what, 4 season now (?) and hasn't made a finals series.

He is reaching Ricky Stuart levels on whinging aswell. Tonight on MMM he literally blamed Sunday's flogging on 'the bounce of the ball and the rub of the green not going our way'

Where did anyone say he was a supercoach? All I said was that Eels fans have loads of faith in the bloke that has, at long last, finally looked like dragging us out of the shit we've been in since 2009. Are you forgetting that he took over a side that won two back to back spoons, and then halfway through his rebuild he lost two important spine players because our board cheated? He's done a fantastic job with a club that was in absolute turmoil off the field....

I fail to see a problem with what he said on Triple M. We had 1 set in the first 15 odd mins and 9 in the entire first half. It was of those days in footy where nothing went our way and he acknowledged that. How is that whinging?

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Simple reason for why Moses will succeed is because he will supplement our side, not expected to be the game breaker surrounded by lessor talent. Which is what should be expected of a 22 year old kid.

Tigers player of the year and stats that put every marquee half that ran around at age 21 to shame...somehow playing like shit in a side no one wants to be in this season undoes all that lol

JokerEel

First Grade

What was BA ment to say on MMM? Ricky actually whinged and these days ha turned it down... I think he is a good coach even though he took off after 1 season..

He would have made the semis last season if it wasn't for the incompetence of the Board...

JokerEel

First Grade
BTW Moses is young so he has that in his favor........... Nothing much else you can say for him.. He better play like a first grader though or he will disappear pretty quickly...

Eelementary

Post Whore
At first I wanted management to either make him honor his contract or pressure the Eels for compensation. However its been only a month and already he is tanking games and his fckhead manager is spreading mental health issues. Fair dinkum if we had of kept him there'd be some sort of staged suicide attempt by July...

Eels fans, you wanted him. He is all yours.

No, not really.

Don't rate him at all.

Don't see what Arthur sees in him.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Where did anyone say he was a supercoach? All I said was that Eels fans have loads of faith in the bloke that has, at long last, finally looked like dragging us out of the shit we've been in since 2009. Are you forgetting that he took over a side that won two back to back spoons, and then halfway through his rebuild he lost two important spine players because our board cheated? He's done a fantastic job with a club that was in absolute turmoil off the field....

I fail to see a problem with what he said on Triple M. We had 1 set in the first 15 odd mins and 9 in the entire first half. It was of those days in footy where nothing went our way and he acknowledged that. How is that whinging?

True he has had a lot of adversity to deal with. I'm more talking about the way a lot of eels fans talk about it him and the way he is portrayed in the media for a guy who's achieved nothing. A guy like Jason Taylor has a better record then him. He may we'll end up being a fantastic coach, but I don't think we can say he is even near that now.

Seriously? He made it out like if a few things went your way on Sunday you would have won. He was talking like it was an unlucky loss where a few dodgy calls cost you. Not a good old fashioned rogering.

Bazal

Post Whore
True he has had a lot of adversity to deal with. I'm more talking about the way a lot of eels fans talk about it him and the way he is portrayed in the media for a guy who's achieved nothing. A guy like Jason Taylor has a better record then him. He may we'll end up being a fantastic coach, but I don't think we can say he is even near that now.

Seriously? He made it out like if a few things went your way on Sunday you would have won. He was talking like it was an unlucky loss where a few dodgy calls cost you. Not a good old fashioned rogering.

He's achieved a lot more than Supercoach Sticky did at Parramatta. Or NZ National Koach Kearney.

It's very relative when it comes to Parramatta over the last decade. Arthur is easily the best coach we've had probably since Smith, although Hagan had success he had a very good side at his disposal and still couldn't get the best out of it. Arthur is the opposite, he gets the best out of what he has.

I would suggest that if we had 50% of possession in the first half the result would have been very different (and that isn't to say we would have won). The Roosters got every call, which happens when you have all the footy, and they used their advantage to absolute perfection. He isn't wrong saying that nothing went our way, and it certainly isn't whinging. Sometimes you have days in footy where you have to say "well, we weren't meant to win today" and move on to the next game. That's basically what he was saying IMO. It was an abortion.

super_coach

First Grade
The Tigers are not without blame in this whole saga, because since day one they have stroked and inflated Moses's ego. He was the golden child, and when another player like Austen or TMM looked like showing him up they were shown the door. Farah was shown the door partly because Moses complained to Taylor that he was not being allowed to be the dominant playmaker. They gave into all his demands.

Anyway they developed this big headed brat who was not half as talented as they thought and than he turned on them.

At least the club seems to have learnt a lesson or two and are now heading in a better direction come 2018

natheel

Coach
Would've been fine if Moses from the start just said he wants to focus on playing for the tigs for the remainder.

Although I admit Moses has never had a decent coach in his career (he didn't give Cleary a chance) I think Arthur will be able to coach him correctly. Just dunno if Norman/Moses will work. Two erradic players
Well going off what Arthur said on MMM he's using Norman as the 6 and Moses as the 7.

Both Brooks and Moses imo will do wel away from each other and win more experienced halves helping them out.

I'm not expecting miracles this season just working on his defence and combinations.

Round 20 shall be interesting

Latest posts