What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moses

moller

Juniors
Moses is coming along nicely - should be a very good #6 in 2017 after a couple of summers bulking up.

Brooks has taken a step back this year, but has shown some good signs in terms of organisation over the last month or so.
Kicking game is a bit of a concern though, and was especially atrocious on Monday (was pretty good against Melbourne IIRC).

To be fair we have been missing our other strike weapon in Simona for large stretches this year - I personally think we look an infinitely better team when he is playing. I thought Nofoaluma was promising last night as well - made some very strong charges.

Without Simona and Nofo in the team our finishing attack is mostly left to Tedesco which makes it easier for the oppositions defence.Having the above mentioned fit and in the team together along with Kev makes us more competitive,all we need now is another decent outside back to replace Pat.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I was just reading the below story from the Sydney Morning Hearald where they are prediciting the first $2m a year contract.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...aly-cherryevans-megadeal-20150811-giwuqm.html

The author said Brooks could be in the mix for a contract like that....he must have been watching different games to me this year but anyway, at the end of the article he said "technically Brooks is a free agent next season" so can anyone clarify this, I thought Brooks was signed until the end of the 2017 season. Does he have something in his contract?

Tigers Tale, from memory I believe he is signed until the end of 2016 and the Tigers have an option for 2017.

If true, it adds more pressure on the kid for next year if he wants to stay a Tiger. But then, the 2nd year syndrome is gone so he may and I hope that he comes good.

Plays poorly, they don't take up the option and some other coach turns him into a superstar, thanks West Tigers.

Turns it around next year like we hope and his next contract will be a good one.

Fordy20

Juniors
At this point with Keith moving on I'd be more interested in buying another prop.

This is especially important given that Lodge doesn't seem to be working out. How long is it before he starts stealing prescription pads?

Ffs what happened to Matt Lodge? He looked for all money to be headed for big things, he was playing NSW under 20's when he was still 17! Some of the guys who he's played with have become stars already - Klemmer, Paulo, Evans and most recently Jake Trbojevic. I really hope he doesn't waste his talent.

Tiger05

First Grade
Ffs what happened to Matt Lodge? He looked for all money to be headed for big things, he was playing NSW under 20's when he was still 17! Some of the guys who he's played with have become stars already - Klemmer, Paulo, Evans and most recently Jake Trbojevic. I really hope he doesn't waste his talent.

He is going nowhere with a bullet isn't he. We need a player like him to kick on and make our pack scary.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was just reading the below story from the Sydney Morning Hearald where they are prediciting the first $2m a year contract.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...aly-cherryevans-megadeal-20150811-giwuqm.html

The author said Brooks could be in the mix for a contract like that....he must have been watching different games to me this year but anyway, at the end of the article he said "technically Brooks is a free agent next season" so can anyone clarify this, I thought Brooks was signed until the end of the 2017 season. Does he have something in his contract?
He signed a 2 year deal with the option of a third year in our favour.

Just like Sandow earning a shit tonne to go to Parra, Brooks will command a big pay packet.

Its not because they are great, it's because they are rare.

He is going nowhere with a bullet isn't he. We need a player like him to kick on and make our pack scary.

He needs a serious kick in the ass or he should be let go. Maybe he could harness his true potential elsewhere, that douchebag Taylor isn't exactly doing wonders for the other juniors.

Wittyfan, can you answer some questions please.

What clubs are circling ?

Are you not happy at WT's ?

If you are not, is this purely related to the Farah saga,

Or is it the coach ?

Tigers Tale

Juniors
On the subject of Moses, apparently 7 clubs have shown an interest in him. I just hope uncle Benny gives him the old loyalty speech....but Benny will be talking money over loyalty I think.

If Moses does leave and Martin goes on to be a champion at Penrith I'll scream :x

HayneKloppter

Juniors
7 clubs after this kid? :lol: surely the work of an agent....hang on.....who's his uncle again (not elias, the other one)? tadaa......

magpie4ever

First Grade
That missed tackle late in the season (turnstile attempt) said to me this kid and Brooks should be on half of what they are on.

If clubs are circling at over $500k per season, I say throw them in.

Both are overpaid atm,if they can live up to their hype than i wouldn't have a problem with the coin supposedly offered.In fairness to them having a decent pack would help their progress.