What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moses

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
I liked what I saw from Moses last weekend. He actually ran the ball. Seems Taylor has realised the only way to save his job is to use his strength - young guys who can create and run - and he's let Moses off the leash. And he's got no choice because of our poor forward pack.

We almost all agreed he came in a season or two too early to first grade. I think our season totally depends on Moses. If he is going to run the ball and create opportunities we will score plenty of points especially with Tedesco. Last year he was a soft c*ck out of his depth and refused to run (maybe coach's instructions). This year early signs are he is more settled and confident.

Plus he is off contract and is desperate to show what he can do.

Our forwards are very average. Our key is Moses and Tedesco and specifically their combination.

Tigerm

First Grade
I liked what I saw from Moses last weekend. He actually ran the ball. Seems Taylor has realised the only way to save his job is to use his strength - young guys who can create and run - and he's let Moses off the leash. And he's got no choice because of our poor forward pack.

We almost all agreed he came in a season or two too early to first grade. I think our season totally depends on Moses. If he is going to run the ball and create opportunities we will score plenty of points especially with Tedesco. Last year he was a soft c*ck out of his depth and refused to run (maybe coach's instructions). This year early signs are he is more settled and confident.

Plus he is off contract and is desperate to show what he can do.

Our forwards are very average. Our key is Moses and Tedesco and specifically their combination.
Cant say I agree with "poor forward pack" or "very average" perhaps badly coached last year? Maybe

Woods - Current internaional
Halatau - an international
Grant - former SOO
Sironen - jury still out
Lawrence - former international though not at current position
Sue - an international

It was only the first game.

Depth will come when Farah & Ballin are back.

Tiger05

First Grade
I think if some of the young kids come good we have a good team. The pack isn't bad. Our spine could be quality. We have some great outside backs.

Tiger05

First Grade
He was good but I wouldn't go crazy. He put on one great play, kicking was serviceable but not spectacular and getting caught on the 4th tackle with no other playmaker was an issue.

There were a couple of mistakes but he has really stepped up when it comes to taking on the line. He is making busts and setting tries up.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I've got to hand it to him in defence as well. He certainly puts his body into it, I can't fault him for effort.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's not scared defensively. He just has some woeful reads.

Having Naiqama and his even worse reads outside him just isolates Moses even more.

Why couldn't the club, just in defence switch Nofoaluma and Naiqama.

I know Nofo isn't much better, but he is better and he reads defences better. It would minimise those gaps and the isolation of Moses. It would also put Naiqama's rushing up and in defensive style to good use, as he would cramp the centre.

Tiger05

First Grade
I reckon Nofo is just as bad. Maybe they need a gun defensive forward helping them out.

Man of the match today. Was strong in attack and outstanding in defence. When Brooks and Farah aren't there he goes to another level.

Tiger05

First Grade
How good has his defence been. He also competes. He was really good. I think others were better but he was great today.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Amazing how he shines when Farah is booted. Taylor has been completely justified in his selection choice.

Latest posts