What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most disliked journalists covering RL

Who is the worst/most disliked journo covering RL?

• Phil Rothfield

Votes: 48 32.2%
  • Rebecca Wilson

Votes: 53 35.6%
  • Paul Crawley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dean Ritchie

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • James Hooper

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Danny Weidler

Votes: 18 12.1%
  • Peter Fitzsimmons

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Phil Gould

• Paul Kent

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Ray Chesterton

• Andrew Webster

• Brad Walter

• Jessica Halloran

• Andrew Wu

• Josh Massoud

• Gorden Tallis

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Barry Toohey

• Total voters

El Diablo

Post Whore
Massoud ripping into the NFL as I type. Paraphrasing, lamenting an expected 30000 crowd for today's game. No money for promotion. Something about drawing a $25mil loan. Dave Smith's fault, because he spent a lot of money on banking consultants.
Massoud is an AFL supporter who just reports on Rugby League. he doesn't like the game and doesn't follow it

Life's Good

Coach
The thread title needs to be updated because some of the names listed aren't a journo's a**hole. They are simply opportunistic glory hunters flinging sh*t whilst sucking on the teet of uncle Rupert. James Hooper, a journalist.FMD that's like saying your local GP is a neurosurgeon. (No offence to my local GP).

Last edited:
Surely a journalist is someone who has studied journalism !!!

In the land of Oz, a retired sportsperson gets a gig and wallah, they are a journalist.
Some dropkick goes on a Big Brother type show says they want to be on DJ and wallah, they have a gig on an FM station.

Anyway, I looked for a thread where I could post the following, it did make me laugh.
A lot of stuff you read in the papers you can’t believe.”
Is a lot, 80%, 90% 95% ?

Full article and context here.

ANTHONY Griffin has dismissed talk that Te Maire Martin is out of favour at Penrith, saying the Kiwi international may make his NRL return next round.

Martin will again be sidelined when the Panthers look to break a four-game losing streak against Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium on Thursday night.

Bryce Cartwright has been retained at pivot despite a rusty return from an ankle injury in last round’s 18-12 loss to Parramatta.

But Griffin said Martin was recovering well from a neck complaint and would push for an NRL comeback next round, contrary to reports this week.

There was speculation Martin had fallen out with Griffin, who reportedly had concerns with the Panthers pivot’s “physicality and toughness”.

Griffin said Martin would be considered for next round’s clash with the Warriors on May 13.

“He’s not far away. He’s going well,” he said.

“I know there was some stuff in the Sydney media this week about him being out of favour with us and there were other clubs interested in him — that was not the case at all.

“A lot of stuff you read in the papers you can’t believe.”
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/pa...r/news-story/2e0d9d5baaefbf82bb280c2f50dd0ee2