What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most hated player?

Most hated player?

• Geoff Toovey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gordon Tallis

• The Man

• Willie Mason

• Total voters

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
And a native of newcastle.

Brett won me over when he came back from the roo tour, Ando got sacked and BK re-affirmed his commitment to the Sharks.
Walking with a ruptured testie helped too.

SirShire

First Grade
Playing with a ruptured nut too!

I don't know why I call him the Man, he hasnt earned it but I guess it has stuck. Danny Green will smash him, Green is a good boxer and he is a good sport. I seem to recall an incident when Mundine was going to make a charity pay for a set of boxing gloves for a charity auction, and Green and Jeff Fenech gave away a couple of signed pairs for free.

And Tugga will always be the man. What a legend. The pricks that are saying that he doesnt deserve the Australia of the year award should be slapped!

Macca

Coach
blacktip-reefy said:
McSharkie said:
If Mundine is so much higher in the world, then beating Green shouldn't be a problem for him. I hope Green does get to fight him one day.
It probably would not be a problem for him.
But he should fight Green for as much reason as he should take on some nobody bouncer from Melbourne. Why take the risk?
If Green wants a career & money, get off his butt & get out there & do the hard yards & create a profile that people either love or hate.
He is a nothing & nobody could care less about what he does other than the fact that he "might" beat Mundine.
So, again, it is Mundines hard work here, nothing that Green, the freeloader, has done.

OK. Have it your way, I reckon it would be a spectacle worht seeing. I have supported Mundine in every one of his bouts so far and I hope he goes on to be one of the greats. His mouth belongs in boxing anyway. He scored alot of points with me by the way he carried himself before during and after the Echols fight. Green should see the light and work his way up the rankings so that Mundine has to take him on. What a fight that would be. 2 Aussies at the top.

imasharkie

Coach
I want to add Jason Croker/Timana Tahu to my list and from the old days Terry Lamb/Andrew Farrer

Nullajet

Juniors
If you're talking about most hated players......

everytime I think back to that game where Hopoate wsa a complete asshole (pardon the pun) to peach after Peach made a couple of blunders.....i find it hard to go past that big useles dumb lump of lard!!

Hoppa for me!

but in strong contention place michael pobjie, michael crocker and hakf a dozen bulldogs forwards from the eighties...bugden being a front runner for his effort on sludge....and turvey taking out wakefield...

man do i have some pent up anger and issues, dating back...
oh and who can forget terry lambs onlsaught of michael speechley???

i gotta stop...or im going to blow a valve!!!

coolumsharkie

Referee
Nullajet said:
man do i have some pent up anger and issues, dating back...
oh and who can forget terry lambs onlsaught of michael speechley???

i gotta stop...or im going to blow a valve!!!

Yeah I was at that game I nearly had a fit .....

Who was the ref, it was at Belmore....

I hated Terry Lamb for a loooooong time after that incident :evil: :evil:

Then I felt sorry for him for coaching that ravel tigpies with all the shit goin down.....

oh well.....

carcharias

Immortal
Bugden for busting sludges jaw. I thought we were gonna win the comp.We had Big Jack Gibson , we'd just beaten The premiers Parra in a trial and Sludge had returned.
then the rest is history

PJ

First Grade
It probably would not be a problem for him.
But he should fight Green for as much reason as he should take on some nobody bouncer from Melbourne. Why take the risk?
If Green wants a career & money, get off his butt & get out there & do the hard yards & create a profile that people either love or hate.
He is a nothing & nobody could care less about what he does other than the fact that he "might" beat Mundine.
So, again, it is Mundines hard work here, nothing that Green, the freeloader, has done.

Didn't Green fight for a world title and lost out on a head butt when he was in front?

I don't know much about boxing but wasn't the world title he fought for higher regarded than the one Mundine won?

Doesn't really sound like he's been sitting on his butt and freeloading.

Macca

Coach
He was well ahead in that fight too and for some reason headbutted the other guy, atleast 3 times. I don't know if it was intentional but that is the way it was perceived by the official. I still reckon Mundine and Green would be a spectacle.

carcharias

Immortal
Mundine Vs Green:
First lets put aside Mundines comments and Greens affiliation with Fenech.
Saying Green is riding on Mundines coat tails may well be true but isn't it that he whole idea of boxing ? To beat the champ . The "Man" says he is the champ . He even has a belt to prove it . Danny Green wants to take it from him for money.( fair enough I say - that's boxing )
Now this is where I get confused . Sven Ottke also has a belt and is also claiming to be the champ .He can also say that he knocked out Mundine in a world title fight. Now Green also has a belt now albeit an interim belt for beating some bloke while the current champ gets better.
Looks like everyone has a belt. Marcus Beyer still has one after been decked twice by Green in another fight touted as a fight for the super Middleweight title.In this fight however Green was disqualified for a couple good old fashioned head butts.
Anyone who saw this fight could see Green was well and truly giving this German a flogging.
So in the end Markus Beyer (who like Ottke in the way he wont fight out of Germany ) was very lucky to get away with it .
Basically , Green blew it big time.
So if Green had won this title would he still be sponging off "the Man" ? What about if and when they both win their respective re-matches i.e Mundine v Ottke and Green v Beyer. Is it O.K for the two to fight then?
Personally I hope they both get these titles.
Then we could see the most anticipated fight in Aussie history.
I think if Mundine could stay away from Green the whole fight he would probably tag him enough to get away with it.
However , I think Green only needs to get close enough a few times and it would be back to footy for Mundine.
Mundine looks very vulnerable when he does get cornered or even hit.
That 57 year old Japanese war veteran put him on his backside.
Otkke knocked him out cold for about an hour and a half after a one inch tap to the side of the head.
Green would more than likely slaughter both those guys and barely raise a sweat.
This is not taking anything away form Mundine , who can also deliver a very good knockout punch as shown against Waters and that Kiwi fella.
He also has that amazing co-ordination and natural boxing ability reminiscent of Roy Jones JR ( Best boxer Ive ever seen ).
This is only my opinion in which Mundine supporters may not agree but if I had to put money on it I would go with Green .
I think Mundine would have serious apprehensions in the back of his mind about fighting Green .
He might be talking it up now and saying how its not in his plans etc etc but I dunno .What would the public prefer ? is it to see him and Green or him and some bloke most of us have never seen fight or even heard of?
Maybe he's not in it for the fans, money or the fame.
I think Green is too dangerous and the Man isn't as stupid as his mouth.
It could be a very well planned media beat up from both camps as well .
Nothing like a public slanging match to put a few bums on seats.

Feel like getting more confused check this
http://www.fightnews.com/rankings2.htm

Locals Only

Juniors
That's a pretty good summary Carcharias. Mundine or not Green was always destined to make it big in boxing. He represented us at the 2000 Olympics and was leading against the eventual gold medallist when he had to retire with a broken hand. That in itself makes him a legend in my opinion. He's Aussie as!!! And a surfer to boot!!!

For those that think he's riding Mundines coatails, well all I can say is that you've been riding to much Danny Wiedler, aka #1 Mundine titty twister.

The whole title thing is pretty much a crock of shit. Sven Ottke is the true WBA champ, not Mundine. Ottke beat a bloke called Byron Mitchell who held the IBF title but rather than call him a dual titleholder the WBA smelt money and decided to elevate to a newly created position of super champion. Why? So they could make the regular belt vacant and charge a whopping sanctioning fee to fight for it. This is the belt than Mundine won but really it's only an interim belt the same as Greeny's.

I'm with you in that I'd like to see them both win real belts and then hold a super fight. If Mundine runs like he did against the Seppo wanker he beat for the title then I reckon he's a good chance. If he stands and slugs then he's get put to sleep in a big way. Nothing wrong with Green calling Mundine out in the meantime, that's boxing.

As to being a thug, boring, needing an image blah blah blah that's a crock as far as I'm concerned. What's this shit about needing an image anyway :lol: Isn't that something that only the cafe set down the Nulla and Roosters supporters need :lol: Lennox Lewis didn't have an image but he was the undisputed champ. I guess you could say he was a Pommy merkin. More a birthright than an image though.

Most hated player? Dunno there's so many of them. I'm to young to remember Fulton but I reckon my 89 year old grandfather would still belt the merkin if he ever got the chance :lol: Probably anyone who's currently playing for the Dragon filth with the exception of Longy and that low dog Terry Lamb for taking out the Grasscutter at Belmore. I can still vividly remember sitting out tea towel hill watching that one play itself out.

Latest posts