What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most loyal and least loyal knights players

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
MOST LOYAL

O'davis
Gidley
Johns
Johns
Butterfield
Buderus
Harragon
Peden
Glanville

LEAST LOYAL

Kennedy
Macdougall

My brains not working tonight. Feel free to add names to each.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Tahu's name comes screaming to mind in the disloyal section. I don't consider BK that disloyal. He wasn't really being offered much to stay on. At least he didn't use a bullshit 'I need to look after my family' excuse.

General Knight

Juniors
I dont know about Johns though. He did threaten to move to union and he takes up too much money. Some article published a while back was about when Buderus was urging the Knights administration to start buying players and it mentioned something about Johns being one of the guys pushing for it. Be how can they buy more players when they spend all the money on him. Right now he shouldnt be worried about money, he already has enough cash inflow from sponsors. He should focus more on winning the Premiership and if that involves keeping players or buying players then so be it. I just see his pie-salary-eating attitude as disloyal.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
If johns went over to england he could have got heaps more then the knights were offering him. Plus everytime he's come off contract there has been a lot of money thrown his way yet he decided to stay.

I believe kennedy is one of the least loyal. How many games has he played for the knights since we signed him. We've paid him 1.5 million over 5 years. We offered him 250K for next year except he turns his back on that and signs with manly.

roopy

Referee
The Gidley brothers have both taken less out of the club than they could have - but it should be said they have done very well with their business interests in Newcastle and probably wouldn't want to move out of town.

Perry took a reduced contract last time (he could have got a bit more elsewhere).

Peden always did the right thing by the club - and the club always did the right thing by him in return.

The last two times Johns has signed he screwed us for every cent he could get out of us, but each time he stuck by us despite having a chance to earn more money elsewhere.

I think Ennis will always go for top dollar and always play for himself. He will eventually play for more teams than Kimmorley.

the_knights_rule

First Grade
I believe kennedy is one of the least loyal. How many games has he played for the knights since we signed him. We've paid him 1.5 million over 5 years. We offered him 250K for next year except he turns his back on that and signs with manly.

you have to remember that he didnt sit those games out by choice, he was injured. im sure he wouldve rathered been out there playing than sitting on the sidelines.
also was BK really offered 250K for next year? cos how would we have payed for johns and BK for next year and stayed under the cap?
i think he has been fairly loyal to our club.

bill peden was always great like roopy said, he was a hard working player and retired early (he couldve gone for another year or maybe two) so that the club could keep the younger players.

robbie O is very loyal too, espcailly when the club doesnt seem to treat him very well. but he has stuck by the club and wouldnt ever want to play for another club.

tahu definatley hasnt been loyal, i dont like it when players use the 'im doing whats best for my family' line. most families get along fine on much a much lower income than what he was on at the knights.

~bedsy~

First Grade
You couldn't go past Cheif and Billy as the 2 most loyal guys at this club.
I'm abit 50/50 on Joey though, yes he has stayed, but he has gotten every last cent out of us.

Stranger

Coach
Mad Dog wasnt that dis loyal i beleive.
the knights wanted to but him on a pay as u play contract and souths offered the big cash. What could he do?

mat_parsons

Juniors
LOYAL

O' Davids, Mat & Kurt Gidley, Parso

DISLOYAL

Timmana Tahu, Ben Kennedy, Mathew Johns (both today and beforew) Andrew Johns.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
mat_parsons said:
LOYAL

DISLOYAL

When Matthew Johns left he offered to stay at the knights on half of what he was getting paid. That shows a hell of alot of loyalty IMO.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
the_knights_rule said:

you have to remember that he didnt sit those games out by choice, he was injured. im sure he wouldve rathered been out there playing than sitting on the sidelines.
also was BK really offered 250K for next year? cos how would we have payed for johns and BK for next year and stayed under the cap?
i think he has been fairly loyal to our club.

bill peden was always great like roopy said, he was a hard working player and retired early (he couldve gone for another year or maybe two) so that the club could keep the younger players.

robbie O is very loyal too, espcailly when the club doesnt seem to treat him very well. but he has stuck by the club and wouldnt ever want to play for another club.

tahu definatley hasnt been loyal, i dont like it when players use the 'im doing whats best for my family' line. most families get along fine on much a much lower income than what he was on at the knights.

From the reports I've read, BK was offered 250k. True he was out injured, but that doesn't change the fact that we paid him heaps of money not to play. I would have hoped he would have accepted less money and stayed on to repay us for all the money we were paying him just to sit in the stands.

the_knights_rule

First Grade
From the reports I've read, BK was offered 250k.

i doubt that we wouldve offered BK 250K cos we wouldnt have been able to keep both BK and joey on that amount of money.

True he was out injured, but that doesn't change the fact that we paid him heaps of money not to play

i get what your saying, but it wasnt his fault that he was injured and got payed lots of money to sit on the sidelines and if it was possible he would play injured so i really dont see how thats being disloyal, but you have your opinion and i have mine ;-)

~bedsy~

First Grade
mat_parsons said:
LOYAL

DISLOYAL

What the hell are you on?
He is not disloyal.