What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most PLayers in NSW Squad

Simon

Juniors
8 Dragons players were named in the 30 man NSW squad. Hornby, Ganier, Cooper, Barrett, Thompson, Timmins, Kite and Ryles were named. We probably would of had 9 in Bailey was available. The full squad is

Trent Barrett (St George-Illawarra Dragons)
Danny Buderus (Newcastle Knights)
Joel Clinton (Penrith Panthers)
Matt Cooper (St George-Illawarra Dragons)
Ryan Cross (Sydney Roosters)
Michael De Vere (Brisbane Broncos)
Craig Fitzgibbon (Sydney Roosters)
Mark Gasnier (St George-Illawarra Dragons)
Matthew Gidley (Newcastle Knights)
Kurt Gidley (Newcastle Knights)
Craig Gower (Penrith Panthers)
Scott Hill (Melbourne Storm)
Nathan Hindmarsh (Parramatta Eels)
Ben Hornby (St George-Illawarra Dragons)
Brett Kimmorley (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
Brent Kite (St George-Illawarra Dragons)
Luke Lewis (Penrith Panthers)
Anthony Minichiello (Sydney Roosters)
Ben Kennedy (Newcastle Knights)
Willie Mason (Canterbury Bulldogs)
Ryan O'Hara (Canberra Raiders)
Mark O'Meley (Canterbury Bulldogs)
Andrew Ryan (Canterbury Bulldogs)
Jason Ryles (St George-Illawarra Dragons)
Jason Stevens (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
Timana Tahu (Newcastle Knights)
Lance Thompson (St George-Illawarra Dragons)
Shaun Timmins (St George-Illawarra Dragons)
Trent Waterhouse (Penrith Panthers)
Craig Wing (Sydney Roosters)

Southernsaint

Staff member
I don't know if it's a good thing, considering the horror run with injuries the club has had...

Added to that is the possibility that certain players have contract clauses that mean the club has to pay them more for making Origin...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Simon

Juniors
Out of the 8, I only think we'll end up with 2 or 3 in the team. Timmins is the only certainty. Ganier, Cooper and Lewis will battle it out for one centre spot to partner Gidley. Barrett hasn't played for a month, so I think Hill will be 5/8th for at least the first game. Ryles would of only played 3 games in a year so I don't think he'll make the first game. I'd say Clinton, O'Hara, O'Merely and Stevens will battle it out for 3 spots. Thompson I think has to many 2nd rowers in front of him to make it without there being any injuries. The 4 2nd rowers should be Kennedy, Hindmarsh, Fitzgibbon and Mason. And Kite and Hornby are there in case there are injuries to Minichello or a few of the front rowers.

Latest posts