What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movie Quote Game

kurt faulk

Coach
i thought it might be good to start a couple of other games here.

this one may or may not be fun but hey, it's worth a shot.

just post a quote from a movie and then try to guess which movie it's from. naturally the person that gets it right will then post another quote.

i'll start off with an easy one.

"i'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse"

Firedrake

Coach
definately Travis the Taxi driver. Did you know that quote is used in the Clash song Red Angel Dragnet.

"Zed's dead, baby"

Rexxy

Coach
I think The Models used it too, at the beginning of their song God Bless America.

STG Dragon

Juniors
"Zed's dead, baby"

Pulp Fiction, Bruce Willis talking to his blueberry pancake lovin, French (?) accented girlfriend...

One a little harder...

"It's like a finger pointing away to the moon... DON'T concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory..."

A

a.l.e.x

Stg Dragon

I know I've heard it somewhere! Was it a Bruce Lee movie?

STG Dragon

Juniors
A.l.e.x I'll give it to you cause you got closer than I expected anyone would and so quickly....

It's one ofLee's lines in "Enter the Dragon"and for whatever silly reason it has stuck in my head since I saw the film as a kid.

Well that and all the"chicken" sounds he used to make when he lashed out...

But I suspect I wasn't the only child who tried to emulate the guy back then
emcrook.gif

Your turn...

Firedrake

Coach
I'll have a go

"it seems to me that the republic of Barcarra* means about as much too you as the dot over the letter 'i' in the word 'shit'."

* unsure of name

yogi dragon

Juniors
Michael Caine

Can't remember the name of the movie.

Billy Connelly was the singing rebel

Caine was the pot smoking governor who gave the Island of Baccarra back to the rastafrians.

Heaps of action including theFrench secret service and J.J.out of some black American sitcom was the d.j.

Connelly was also the illigitemate son of the local catholic priest.

Firedrake

Coach
qlddragon.

Yep. It was called Water. While drilling for oil they hit spring water and sell it as Bottled water. Very funny film. At the end Billy sings a song with the remaining beatles "give us our freedom".

Your up.

yogi dragon

Juniors
O.K.

"Son when that vampire pops his head out you take this stake and you stab that f---ing vampire in the f---ing heart"

May be shilo should have a crack at this one.

kurt faulk

Coach
i was going to have a guess but i would have said the same as firedrake so i guess i won't.

actually i will - bram stokers dracula - francis ford coppella version (not sure about all that spelling).

Latest posts