What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movies that were panned by audiences/critics that you loved

Pixels

My kids loved it and it fired their newfound love for retro games.

Popcorn fun.

Another was Dark City.

Dredd from a couple of years ago, and the 1995 version is a guilty pleasure too.

Darkman.

Generalzod

Immortal
I wholeheartedly agree with Prometheus.

It probably got panned because it was quite thought provoking, requiring more than a few dozen brain cells to process.

It shits from a great height on that extended cornfield borefest called.....

f**kING INTERSTELLAR!! :sick:

Another Ridley Scott film that critics panned was Blade Runner, now it's a sci fi classic

Im an interstellar fanboi must have watched it 10 times already. I can see its faults but the things that a right with it far out weigh them

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Another Ridley Scott film that critics panned was Blade Runner, now it's a sci fi classic

Exactly. I always wanted Darryl Hannah to wrap her legs around my face every time I watched that movie. What ever happened to her?

Anyway, Bladerunner was based on a story by one of my favourite sci-fi authors, Philip K. Dick - Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?

Dick was on some pretty good acid back in the 1960s.

What's amazing about blade runner is when they touched it up for the final cut / blu ray (I think) they reshot the Zhora death scene, and Joanna Cassidy was filmed again, still looking pretty sweet.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Pixels

My kids loved it and it fired their newfound love for retro games.

Popcorn fun.

Another was Dark City.

Dredd from a couple of years ago, and the 1995 version is a guilty pleasure too.

Darkman.

Dredd did well with the critics and the people who saw it generally dug it, problem was just not many people went to see it when it was released. Its done better post-release.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Apparently they've scrapped Alien 5 for Prometheus 2...

Interstellar was pretty good I thought.

Not exactly. It's current working title is "Alien: Covenant", though yes I think it's set before Alien. Its currently being shot locally, the company I work for are doing a lot of work with it, they've got sets in at least 4 stages at Fox studios plus a massive location out in Western Sydney and more location stuff in NZ. I delivered some gear to the "Hypersleep modules" this morning!

T.S Quint

Coach
Movie 43.

Some of the worst reviews I've ever read. In fact so bad I just had to see this movie to see just how truly awful it really was.
I ended up laughing more than a few times. Not all the skits work, and it's never going to enter my list of favourite movies or anything, but I don't mind a bit of lowbrow humour every now and again.

legend

Coach
Was promethius panned? I loved that movie. Loved Cable Guy too. Thought it was very funny. Thought Under Siege was well received. Great movie although the sequel was trash.

Others include (as previously mentioned):

Cobra
Armageddon
Alien 3 (loved it also)
Days of thunder

legend

Coach
Danny McBride is in Alien: Covenant. Surely he can't survive a movie like that? Watching him die will be a blast.

Movie 43.

Some of the worst reviews I've ever read. In fact so bad I just had to see this movie to see just how truly awful it really was.
I ended up laughing more than a few times. Not all the skits work, and it's never going to enter my list of favourite movies or anything, but I don't mind a bit of lowbrow humour every now and again.
Indeed.

Kinda movie you watch with a couple friends and don't take it seriously at all.

Latest posts