What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving on...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I have decided that 2011 will be my last season with the mighty Bluebags. Been thinking about it for a while and made the post in the locker room some days ago.

I'm delighted to say that Drew-sta has stepped up and will be the 'bags skipper in 2012. Drew and I will work together with recruitment over the off-season.

I still haven't decided on what I'll be doing in the F7s next year. There's a few options about. But I will be looking for a new challenge.

Huge thanks to the many fellow baggers I've had the pleasure of playing alongside over the last 10 seasons. We baggers have a record and history that is simply the best.

These are some of the competition's greatest ever players, it has been a tremendous honour to be in such a great side. I can't thank everyone enough for the team spirit and support that I've enjoyed over the years.

Good luck one and all... and long live the F7s!

Cheers.

Big Mick

Referee
Its been a pleasure playing in the same comp for so long Willow.

We've had our differences at times but I've always respected your work and what you've done for this competition.

edabomb

First Grade
First Lockyer, then Azkatro, now Willow.

Congrats on your time at the Bluebags - I'm sure we'll see you chiming in with some articles somewhere next year!

Azkatro

First Grade
Talk about end of an era...Mate, your stature in the F7's is akin to that of Sticks Provan. A pillar of leadership and consistency and you've overseen a period of sustained success that will never be bettered. Nobody can dispute the fact that you always produce articles of unnerving quality and the success of the Bags has been no fluke.

You should be tremendously proud of your achievements in the F7's and your playing absence will leave a hole that will be as hard to fill as the one Backpacker left. Congrats on a fine career mate.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Thanks the kind words, but I am primarily moving on from the Bluebags. Haven't decided on what to do next year. I could become a free agent, or buy a red MG sports and ride off into the sunset. I just don't know at this stage. Sorry, I should have explained it better.

I'd like to wish Drew-sta the very best with the job ahead. I'm sure he'll be a tremendous captain.

Titanic

First Grade
The 'Bags will not be the same 'Bags without their enforcer but I'm sure you'll be leaving them in excellent shape. Very pleased to read that you are just changing rooms and not leaving the hotel... see you in the Lobby Bar for a few.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I certainly hope you stay involved. We've had our arguments, but they've always had the games interest at heart. Your absence will be tremendously missed at the bags. However, you couldn't have picked a better heir.

Azkatro

First Grade
Thanks the kind words, but I am primarily moving on from the Bluebags. Haven't decided on what to do next year. I could become a free agent, or buy a red MG sports and ride off into the sunset. I just don't know at this stage. Sorry, I should have explained it better.

I'd like to wish Drew-sta the very best with the job ahead. I'm sure he'll be a tremendous captain.

I guess part of the reason for my interpretation was that I couldn't imagine you playing for any team other than the Bags. Oh wait... well, except maybe the Dragons ... ;-)

Drew-Sta

Staff member
There was many a tear in the locker room at his announcement. I would like to thank all who have said kind words regarding the captaincy; they're truly humbling.

But to be honest, they're enormous shoes to fill and I would be lying if I didn't say I was concerned at my aptitude to do the job!

Wills has been a rock for the Bags in the entire 4 seasons I've played. Thank you so much for everything you've done, and I cannot wait to see you take on the next challenge. Whatever it is will be blessed by your efforts tireless work ethic.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
There was many a tear in the locker room at his announcement. I would like to thank all who have said kind words regarding the captaincy; they're truly humbling.

But to be honest, they're enormous shoes to fill and I would be lying if I didn't say I was concerned at my aptitude to do the job!

Wills has been a rock for the Bags in the entire 4 seasons I've played. Thank you so much for everything you've done, and I cannot wait to see you take on the next challenge. Whatever it is will be blessed by your efforts tireless work ethic.

yep will be sad to see our lockyer-esq captain move on, but i'm more than confident you can be our sam thaiday..

ent_mailman26.jpg

or was that deborah mailman? i don't know.. i always get those two confused..

00010997-photo.jpg

gUt

Coach
Maybe Mailman was the third character introduced on the Secret Life of Us.

Jesbass

First Grade
Steve, regardless of what happens with you regarding Forum Sevens next year, I'd like to thank you for everything you have done to contribute to the greatest writing game of all.

I remember stumbling into this competition in the 2005 representative season and harrassing you with no end of questions around rules and what limitations could be used, etc.

You were always happy to help, despite my repetitive and basic queries.

I'd like to think that I'm less wet behind the ears these days, yet I still nag you from time to time, and you still give me the time of day - amazing!

You are the first - and currently only - player to become a Forum Sevens centurion, and a multi-award winning captain. While your career shows the farce of international eligibility (;-)), having represented Australia, Papua New Guinea, and New Zealand, you've been a pillar of the game.

So whether you stay or go, know that you've made a huge contribution to this fantastic game. :thumn

So the seasons change, but despite your name, there'll be no weeping. Less a willow and more a kauri, if you ask me.

icon1.jpg

Drew-Sta has a huge legacy to follow, but I'm confident that he'll continue the tradition of a Newtown player leading from the front.

He is a clear leader as far as I'm concerned, and I look forward to seeing what he makes of the Bluebags captaincy.

Onwards and upwards!

Skinner

Coach
Jesbass, I know that Willow is a king amongst men but somehow I've never pictured him as Tane Mahuta...but maybe it's a good analogy :D:D

Good luck with your F7s future Willow

Last edited:

Latest posts