What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MR:- From the Eels Office

Wednesday 7 June 2006

MEDIA ADVISORY
The Parramatta National Rugby League Club has today investigated an allegation of misconduct by player Jarryd Hayne from a member of the public.

Jarryd Hayne has apologized unreservedly to that person, which has been accepted.

As a result of the investigation, Hayne has been fined a sum of $1000.

“I did not mean to offend the young lady involved, and I told her that when I spoke to her today. My actions were childish and unacceptable, and I understand and accept the penalty that I have received,” Hayne said.

Parramatta Chief Executive Denis Fitzgerald says the Club will not tolerate misconduct.

“As soon as the allegations were brought to our attention, we moved swiftly in talking to both Jarryd and his manager. Jarryd apologized to the young lady which was accepted, but the Club felt it appropriate a financial penalty be imposed to reflect our disappointment,” Mr Fitzgerald said.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
i just wanna say that i've seen jarryd out and about at the roxy, and this would be out of character. Helen and i have seen girls throw themselves at him, and he was nothing but a gentlemen towards them... :crazy:

fish eel

Immortal
Suitman said:
Another media release written by DK.

Wow, that's two in a week.

Suity

To be fair Suity, he now probably has template release for bad behaving players...just a matter of inserting the relevant name :lol:

Suitman

Post Whore
fish eel said:
To be fair Suity, he now probably has template release for bad behaving players...just a matter of inserting the relevant name :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
This team needs more than one swift kick up the ass.

Heaven forbid a kid acts his age. This was one of the biggest mountains ever madeout of a molehill I've seen in a long while. Exactly how responsible is a kid of 18 supposed to act?

Kornstar

Coach
I think he should be dropped!! I want our club to take a stand, it may be drastic however the severity of the penalty should make any player think before doing anything even remotely stupid!!

Aslo, how drunk must he have been?????

The Colonel

Immortal
Kornstar said:
I think he should be dropped!! I want our club to take a stand, it may be drastic however the severity of the penalty should make any player think before doing anything even remotely stupid!!

Aslo, how drunk must he have been?????

:crazy:

Our captain wasn't and IMO his infraction was much worse than in her words a "playful bite". We don't know the full details of the story and aren't probably about to. If they are going to make an example of someone than it should have been our captain.

fish eel

Immortal
The Colonel said:
Heaven forbid a kid acts his age. This was one of the biggest mountains ever madeout of a molehill I've seen in a long while. Exactly how responsible is a kid of 18 supposed to act?

Oh FFS Colonel, if the kid is old enough to play first grade, he is old enough to accept responsibility and behave himself when he goes out, particuarly in light of what the club has been through. Surely that should have been drummed through the players until their ears were bleeding?

We've had Grothe, Tim Smith, Mark Riddell, Nathan Cayless and now this incident.

One of the earlier posts I read in your thread said the player wasnt punted because the club didnt want the team to walk out. Molehill or not, something has happened that shouldnt have. It might have only been a small incident, but so what? After what has happened, he should have known better, and IF more of the side where at the Roxy, they should have been looking out for the kid.

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
Oh FFS Colonel, if the kid is old enough to play first grade, he is old enough to accept responsibility and behave himself when he goes out, particuarly in light of what the club has been through. Surely that should have been drummed through the players until their ears were bleeding?

We've had Grothe, Tim Smith, Mark Riddell, Nathan Cayless and now this incident.

One of the earlier posts I read in your thread said the player wasnt punted because the club didnt want the team to walk out. Molehill or not, something has happened that shouldnt have. It might have only been a small incident, but so what? After what has happened, he should have known better, and IF more of the side where at the Roxy, they should have been looking out for the kid.

Yes, someone should have been looking out for him. This "incident" wasn't even newsworthy on Sunday morning but took three more days to come out. He has tried to crack on to some girl over several hours and she wasn't interested. He has allegedly given her "a playful bite". Crucify him, string him up.

What pisses me off more is our captain walks away without even a sorry. If they want to set an example start there not on some kid acting his age.

fish eel

Immortal
The Colonel said:

Yes, someone should have been looking out for him. This "incident" wasn't even newsworthy on Sunday morning but took three more days to come out. He has tried to crack on to some girl over several hours and she wasn't interested. He has allegedly given her "a playful bite". Crucify him, string him up.

What pisses me off more is our captain walks away without even a sorry. If they want to set an example start there not on some kid acting his age.

Colonel, if you go back to my first post in this thread, I did say the TEAM should be given a swift kick.....

And yes, I know it's a minor incident. But an incident nonetheless when our club has been under the microscope.

If Jarrod Hayne is old enough to play first grade, he is old enough to accept the responsibilities that come with that - and if he is not he needs to have an eye kept on him by the senior players.

But hey, we've all seen this year how well behaved they are!

James_Hardie

Juniors
The Colonel said:

So your 18 year old daughter comes home and tells you a footballer (or any male for that matter) was making unwanted advances and bites her on the arm and you tell her to stop making mountains out of mole hills? Or you only do that if it is a parramatta player who you like....

Latest posts