What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mr Robot

Dogs Of War

Coach
I've watched 5eps so far. Started strong but falling apart a but by trying too hard. Will watch the rest of the season to see if it picks up

vvvrulz

Coach
Series started to remind me of Heroes, where it built up such a great concept before running out of ideas fast and derailing off a cliff. I hope it doesn't turn into that, but the signs are there.

Storm13

Juniors
Series started to remind me of Heroes, where it built up such a great concept before running out of ideas fast and derailing off a cliff. I hope it doesn't turn into that, but the signs are there.

Seriously?

The show was originally conceived as a movie but became so big that the concept is to be spread over multiple seasons. Don't see where you became lost?

elyod138

Bench
No idea where you guys are seeing it fall apart.

Do you wanna mention specifics?

It flows like a nicely developed single season arc then the finale gives a peak into what may come next season.

Chook

First Grade
Are we going to start predicting what will happen in season 2?

Me and my voices have a few ideas.

Chook.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I just think it trief too hard. So where are we at in the show? He killed all the financial information. He sees dead people, with a smattering of fight club. Too be honest they could have done heaos more to display what a finaxial collapse meant. For me that's a better storyline than where they ate going

vvvrulz

Coach
I just think it trief too hard. So where are we at in the show? He killed all the financial information. He sees dead people, with a smattering of fight club. Too be honest they could have done heaos more to display what a finaxial collapse meant. For me that's a better storyline than where they ate going

Which is what I'm getting at too. I don't know where it's aiming to go.

The first couple of episodes was focused exclusively on *hacking* with a recluse/introvert protagonist who was a bit quirky but we could follow.

I'm still enjoying the show, but it's starting to run around telling nothing about anything.

What is it, a psychological shrink-patient drama? then there was a prison break? is it a heist drama? financial meltdown drama? Bits about the corporate yuppie culture but not much of it.

Tyrell went all American Psycho on us, his dodgy wife interesting but adds nothing
Other crew members, a nice range of characters adding nothing
His childhood friend has a plot arc which is ambling off somewhere
The character kill off was ballsy, but afterwards had NO bearing at all
The withdrawal hallucinations were fun but again isn't linked to anything
... etc for many plot threads

Lot's of ingredients in the pot just simmering at the moment, I hope the pay off comes and it's great but it reminded me of Heroes where they had a million interesting things started up and it all flopped together and crash landed spectacularly.

Worst of all our protagonist is actually nuts, so we've lost our person to follow.

Apey

Staff member
Just finished watching this tonight. I thought it was good without being great until the last few episodes where it became great. I wasn't expecting the twists at all really (bar the last one at the last moment), it got me good.

This series apparently already has a three season story arc fleshed out. It was supposed to be a movie but then got turned into a tv series. Act I of that ended up becoming season 1.

Yeah you can definitely still feel the movie vibes to it.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Let's hope the network respects the arc.

Prison Break was supposed to be a movie and then a mini-series, but the network pushed to the point that it ended up as a farce.

HowHigh

Coach
I thought this show was way overrated.
At least they kept most the IT stuff legit but I was disappointed in the show after some mates had talked it up so much.
Watchable but far better shows out there..

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Watched the first 2 eps of the new season but I can't say it's grabbed me as much as the first. Hopefully it picks up.

bileduct

Coach
Yeah I am gonna wait until the whole season has finished and then binge watch it. Been doing that with a lot of shows lately.

It took me a few episodes to get hooked last time around.

Apey

Staff member
I didn't realise this was still going, I thought Season 2 was done and dusted already for some reason... I'll probably wait until it's finished as well before I start it.

vvvrulz

Coach
Based on the feedback I'm seeing, sounds like it was all pretty meh

Might skip it season 2, I didn't really where season 1 was going anyway

mackdadday

Juniors
Enjoyed season 2 a lot but missed Tyrell for the vast majority of the season. A couple of nice twists and i am curious where they will go in season three.