What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mr Squiggle

Frenzy.

Immortal
The question for Ausguy, reedy and frenzy is this.

Would we have still won all those games if Beale was the right side centre, partnered with Holmes. Leaving leutele and feki on the left.
Barba at the back and bird playing for the jets or off the bench instead of say paulo?

Probably yes. Beale has more try assists than Bird for this year playing on the left. He served Humphrey well last year as well so I don't think there'd be any loss.

Beale has also only missed 17 tackles to Bird's 51. FIFTY ONE! That's halfback/pivot numbers for a bloke who is supposedly a fullback or even a backrower. Let's not forget the side most teams are attacking and strong on. Not Beales.

The Undertaker

Juniors
I'm not sure where I sit on this one. I must agree with Matty Johns comments though the other night. Our game plan has changed from getting guys like Jack and Val in from the edges and running up the middle against opposing teams, we now seem to be playing a side ways game in attack, trying to run around teams instead of up the middle. This is clearly a problem. I'm not sure if our boys need Gal to lead the way to give them some direction up the middle so lets hope thats all it is.
Yup running sideways instead of straight.
makes 'em look like they've lost there way ala Bunji last weekend

Weaponhead

Coach
I am not sure Origin was great for our squad. Plenty of effort went in to maintaining momentum given the disruptions to the team.

Maloney has gone average since Origin. I think he'll be fine for the semis but he was brought the club to ice big games and he has been off the past 6 weeks.
Bird has been ordinary since Origin yet is still massively hyped. The kid can play but he really needs to roll the sleeves up and make a difference.
Gallen - was quite consistent but the calf strain came along at a bad time. It might be a blessing in disguise to freshen him up for a final assault.
Fifita - Has been our best and most important player. Hope he maintains it through the semis as he is massive for strong yardage sets.
Graham - trying hard but I reckon he is busted. The rib padding is not a good sign.

Feej

First Grade
Worst case of second year syndrome I've seen for some time. If he's as good as the media and he thinks he is, he needs to step up and prove it.

Card Shark

Immortal
Let's see how he goes in the finals.

He's a SOO player now & they usually step up in big games.

He's capable of something special....remains to be seen whether he can produce though.

Quigs

Immortal
I fink someone should tell him to stand deeper and forget the tap on pass every second time.

chewsta

First Grade
100% right Quigs, most tap on passes he has already over run the ball and is tapping it on with his back to the defence. He used to break the line at will, no he seems to just skip around sideways if he catches it.

Card Shark

Immortal
Needs to be told to run hard & straight, unless Holmes is in a better position than him after what would be a normal pass to Holmes...then pass normal!

In defence, show some mongrel!

Frenzy.

Immortal
100% right Quigs, most tap on passes he has already over run the ball and is tapping it on with his back to the defence. He used to break the line at will, no he seems to just skip around sideways if he catches it.

He's starting to remind me Shaun Kenny Dowall actually.

Frenzy.

Immortal
He's the man from the moon

mrSquiggle_1649.jpg

Card Shark

Immortal
What was Jack thinking passing that ball to Val?

A step off the right and he could have fell over the try line. One of the dumbest plays I have ever seen in rugby league. Up there with the gnome's try assist to matty bowen

Lack of confidence...it's a problem across the board now.

We really need a "back yourself" attitude next week.

Arnold

Juniors
I thought the same on a few occasions.

2 specifically when bird caught the bomb and threw it inside to Maloney and he let it go past him and when Maloney or Chad (can't remember) made a break down the right had two on his outside and marika caught it a kick out wide to Lewis sees us score. Just bad options.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Didn't play like he was injured either.

That's looking more and like a smokescreen to cover for Graham who is clearly playing busted. Don't know what exactly his issue is but I'm backing in a shoulder injury.

Latest posts