What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Murder

yappy

Bench
... that's what the Magpies should be up for. Five tries absolutely butchered in the second half. I can't remember a game thrown away worse, and I've followed the Magpies for over 25 years.

Oh well at least I can get my head back into my uni work.

Byrne was probably the difference. Bloody good little player him, but he makes Brent Webb look like he's rushing when he's lining up the kicks.

Enjoy the win Dragons, (you sure didn't deserve it) but like Potter said, you play like that next week and the Raiders will lap you.

Changa

Juniors
Who the hell is that bloke that fended lill reece simmonds in the face n scored? he almost broke his nose but I admire Simmonds for the attempt, couldnt do much..

Gobbso

Juniors
Changa said:
Who the hell is that bloke that fended lill reece simmonds in the face n scored? he almost broke his nose but I admire Simmonds for the attempt, couldnt do much..

That would be Trent "The Snake Man" Clayton ;-) He had a top game.

Well done Maggies on a great year. Let's hope next year they can get past the 2nd week of the finals ;-)

Yappy mate, the throat is Goooone! But it was well worth it!

Any word on the Magpies player movements for next season? Because i've heard through the Grapvine that Johnny O is making his way To Wollongong next year! Bit of a shame, he really stood up this year for Western Suburbs.

innsaneink

Referee
Fulton got a big big rap on the radio......
they said Clayton cost em the game,running into touch??

Gobbso

Juniors
innsaneink said:

Still scratching my head at why he ran into touch? I know he flew there to get to the ball in time but he still had enough time to just get it without charging with it over the the sideline, or at least protect it from the Illawarra players. The ball was headed for touch anyway...ARGHHH! :x

Western Tiger

Juniors
Yeah that pissed me off about cleyton. He didnt cost us the match though. Every time he touched the ball he made a break. A great player.

westie

Bench
Clayton bombed about 3 trys single handedly. Levy is the only one I know of that is leaving next year.

yappy

Bench
Clayton and Liam both had Jekyll and Hyde games.

Liam went good, but with two minutes to go, 15 out from the line and about 17 000 unmarked players outside of him he knocks on. He catches the ball and throws anything like a half decent pass Wests stroll over near enough to the sticks for Johnny O (and how bloody good were the three sideline conversions?) to bang it over and we play the Raiders :cry:

Clayton? Well what can you say about Trent. Had probably the best game I've seen from him positionally at fullback. Scored that fantastic try with the big don't argue Changa aluded to, and made break after break. But as Westie said he single handedly put the bullet in three tries. Any one of them and we win. And that running the ball out? It just wasn't that desperate a situation. If he hadn't of got there Duff had it covered. Sure these are split second decision and he no doubt thought he was taking the safe option, but I said when he didn't that it was unnecessary and what happened from the scrum seems to bare that out. Hell I wouldn't have even minded except we had Levy standing out in the centres just waiting for Byrne to step him. Levy did some good stuff too, but he should never be standing out in a position in the defence where he has to make a one on one against a guy with Byrne's speed and step. I have no doubt Byrne targetted him specifically - why else would the half be standing out so wide?

I didn't know if Levy was gone for sure, but yep Johnny O and the Big Brett O are both confirmed loses. Olzard to the Dragons and Brett back to the Storm. I believe Clint Greenshields is also seeking greener pastures. The Magpies wanted to keep them, but they want to play First Grade and Tim isn't going to give them a look in (despite in Olzard and O'Farrell's cases them being the two stand out players for the Magpies all year).

I know Cashmere has re-signed, and all the young guys from Flegg are on contract. I wouldn't expect too many more loses amongst the guys who are regulars, although I'd be surprised if Dalts stays.

westie

Bench
yappy said:

Liam went good, but with two minutes to go, 15 out from the line and about 17 000 unmarked players outside of him he knocks on. He catches the ball and throws anything like a half decent pass Wests stroll over near enough to the sticks for Johnny O (and how bloody good were the three sideline conversions?) to bang it over and we play the Raiders :cry:

Clayton? Well what can you say about Trent. Had probably the best game I've seen from him positionally at fullback. Scored that fantastic try with the big don't argue Changa aluded to, and made break after break. But as Westie said he single handedly put the bullet in three tries. Any one of them and we win. And that running the ball out? It just wasn't that desperate a situation. If he hadn't of got there Duff had it covered. Sure these are split second decision and he no doubt thought he was taking the safe option, but I said when he didn't that it was unnecessary and what happened from the scrum seems to bare that out. Hell I wouldn't have even minded except we had Levy standing out in the centres just waiting for Byrne to step him. Levy did some good stuff too, but he should never be standing out in a position in the defence where he has to make a one on one against a guy with Byrne's speed and step. I have no doubt Byrne targetted him specifically - why else would the half be standing out so wide?

I didn't know if Levy was gone for sure, but yep Johnny O and the Big Brett O are both confirmed loses. Olzard to the Dragons and Brett back to the Storm. I believe Clint Greenshields is also seeking greener pastures. The Magpies wanted to keep them, but they want to play First Grade and Tim isn't going to give them a look in (despite in Olzard and O'Farrell's cases them being the two stand out players for the Magpies all year).

I know Cashmere has re-signed, and all the young guys from Flegg are on contract. I wouldn't expect too many more loses amongst the guys who are regulars, although I'd be surprised if Dalts stays.

Losing Big Brett kills me. It was killing him aswell when we lost. He was absolutly shattered.

braz

Juniors
yappy said:

spewing - how we lost that game i will never know.

drew dropped the ball over the line twice. a try disallowed in the first half to clayton.

brett o - what a champion, wears his heart on his sleeve shame to see him go.

clayton is a gun but what a bloody brain explosion. he should be kept though purely for his electrifying pace. he saved a couple of tries with that.

at least the magpie support was bloody loud again :lol:

Gobbso

Juniors
Players like Bryce Poisel, Willie Roberts, Ben Weir who all were contracted Flegg players this year...do you think they are ready to take the next step up, in regards to Premier League for the Magpies next season Yapster?

yappy

Bench
Nope. But so what. Flegg is a full season U/20's comp next year. They'll get plenty of footy. Maybe at the end of the season some of those guys will be pushing for a spot but not at the beginning of the year.

I just hope the majority of this year's Flegg play the Flegg again and not Premiers. Liam will probably play Premier's and maybe Deano and Gibbsy too, but the rest - let's collect some more silverware.

yappy

Bench
nah he's still a fair way short of the mark. Love the kid heaps and he has all the potential in the world, but he needs to develop his kicking game, and his decision making heaps if he wants to play in the halves in Premiers.

I'd suspect Murph will still be around next near, and maybe Peterson too. Could be another signing or a Tigers signing in the spot too so it will be interesting to see who Wests have in the 7 & 6 in 2004. It will also be interesting to see if Ryan Borg comes back. He was always at the Magpies games sitting with Nathan Waters, and I heard he wasn't too happy at Penrith.

magpiemax

Juniors
innsaneink said:
not the first time clayton has run in to touch and cost his team any chance of winning. i remember earlier in the year when wests tigers played canberra and im pretty sure he did exactly the same thing.
he is to hot n cold for mine

Gobbso

Juniors
yappy said:
It will also be interesting to see if Ryan Borg comes back. He was always at the Magpies games sitting with Nathan Waters, and I heard he wasn't too happy at Penrith.

Hmmm, i heard that a while ago, through the grapvine. He was the halfback of the premiership winning SG Ball Magpie team, was he not Yappy? He would be a handy aquisition, and i'm sure Western Suburbs would welcome him back. The Panthers are overflowing with halves at the moment. That's probably one reason why Borg is unhappy, as there seems to be no real future for him if he is to remain at the club. Should have never left the Magpies in the first place.

westie

Bench
yappy said:
nah he's still a fair way short of the mark. Love the kid heaps and he has all the potential in the world, but he needs to develop his kicking game, and his decision making heaps if he wants to play in the halves in Premiers.

I'd suspect Murph will still be around next near, and maybe Peterson too. Could be another signing or a Tigers signing in the spot too so it will be interesting to see who Wests have in the 7 & 6 in 2004. It will also be interesting to see if Ryan Borg comes back. He was always at the Magpies games sitting with Nathan Waters, and I heard he wasn't too happy at Penrith.

We are gunna need him to develope if we want to go furthur next year. With a decent halves combo there will be nothing stopping us. BTW who takes Brett O's spot?