What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Must be Pirates

dinghydi

Juniors
Pirates? Peter pan and a little fairy in a tutu ,called Tinkerbell ,cleaned them up! The Gold Coast is an Australian And international tourist Mecca ,Gateway to Australia for many international guests and to Queensland for australian tourists .. So naturally we present them with ... A Pirate Ship!!! just like the one in Tampa , Florida ,USA ,America ! maybe better or worse But Similar Anyway.! Why not A Unique Australian Nickname "Stingers " would be Best IMO

Scorpio30

Bench
Do you know that there is a netball team in the NZ national championships called the Southern Sting?

Eelectrica

Referee
Scorpio30 said:
Do you know that there is a netball team in the NZ national championships called the Southern Sting?

No, why would that be of any interest to anyone?

Anyway Stingers or stingrays for mine

Scorpio30

Bench
Eelectrica said:
No, why would that be of any interest to anyone?

Anyway Stingers or stingrays for mine

Because everyone is going on about how "Hard" that is...but its the name of a womens netball team.

Pirates is alright, everyone is just thinking about the romanticised storybook version....but in reality Pirates are pretty Badass.

Razor

Coach
Pirates? Peter pan and a little fairy in a tutu ,called Tinkerbell ,cleaned them up!

In a make believe story. But in reality they're not like that

And even if Peter Pan and Tinkerbell could why would that be a reason not to use the name? They'd also be able to clean up rabbits, Sea Eagles, and others.

Pirates will be the toughest out of any of the current nicknames.

yakstorm

First Grade
Come on, Pirates is a great name! Look this guy can be your mascot!

570_pirate_kitten_01.jpeg

Paullyboy

Coach
I cant understand why Gold Coast Dingoes hasnt been more popular. Its as Queensland as it comes, no one else has it, its not a poofy name and it sounds mate. Go you dingoes!

Latest posts