What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Must be Pirates

dinghydi

Juniors
yankeeboy said:
From Wikipedia:

Titans isn't Australian either. Besides, all of the Aussie names that don't sound stupid are already taken. Would you really want to cheer a footy team named the GOANNAS?
bullsh*t! Stingers Is local

DIEHARD

----
dinghydi said:
bullsh*t!Far as stupid sounding Names How About" Packers "? Green bay Packers Did alright ---gOANAS !!?? eVER SEEN A GOANNA YANKEEBOY ?( Bleedin Capslock)Goannas are Ok! kick any Lizards Arse!Nah- coastal Team couldnt Be called Goannas But Plenty aussie Names Left! Grinners Is best one IMO.Encapsulates a Kick Arse Atitude !

Cut the crap mate, you have had your fun. You can stop taking the piss now.

Hoppasfinger

Juniors
Looking from the outside in..The GC Team signings by themselves can't demand respect before the first game. But a strong, pragmatic and recognised name & motif will. I remember the chaos over the name Seagulls. Identity should be emphasized on locale and history, yet Knights, Tigers, Panthers, Roosters etc...damn stoopid names that identify sh*t about their home territory - But yet they're names identified & respected by footy fans the world over. Personally I hate all the names conceived for the GCLC, I love the GC - But bro's, seriously Grinners, Stingers, Spinners? WTF?

DIEHARD

----
I wouldn't mind the Dingoes getting a run.

dingo.jpg

Not many good Aussie nicknames left and it would make a fine emblem to be proud of and go well with current colours.

Missed opportunity, it wasn't even on the list. :x

Big Bunny

Juniors
Dingoes is the best option I've heard. So far everything else has been rubbish. Or should I say rubbishz?

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Guys, it's pretty obvious that GC will be fighting a losing battle if they call themselves the Pirates. They will be the laughing stock of the Pirate world. They simply have no chance of competing with Steve Prefontaine's mighty men from Coos Bay.