What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My 11-a-side NSW side

FB - T Treboiovik
WG - J Doogun
CE - D Walker
CE - M Jennings
WG - J Tedesco
FE - M Moylan
HB - J Maloney
FR - A Fifita
EL - N Peats
FR - D Klemmer
LF - B Cordner

Interchange - A Koroisau, R C-Gillard, P Vaughan, T Frizell

Last edited:

T-Boon

Coach
There is too much size. 11s will demand fit players.
Bordner and Fifita are cut.
So is Dugan bring in French.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why 11 a side?

Are you a moron or just another twat with a big idea, which is utterly shithouse?

There is too much size. 11s will demand fit players.
Bordner and Fifita are cut.
So is Dugan bring in French.

Their training regime would change. They will become more aerobically fitter, anything that makes then lift lighter weights I'm in favour of, but I wouldn't be surprised if players like B French would play a few times for Aus. Which IMO is a good thing.

T-Boon

Coach
Why 11 a side?

There are numerous reasons to reduce the number of players from 13. Here are a few:

Firstly, there is less space laterally on the field than was originally intended. Evidence of this is the amount of decoy running, the amount of gang tackles, the lack of line breaks and the preference for just playing up the middle the whole time. In many peoples opinion these things are ugly.
Secondly, players aren't getting fatigued enough during the game. They spread the work load out between too many players. So little guys are a non factor at the end of the game regardless of reducing interchange.
Thirdly, the less players on the field whilst not sacrificing the skills of the game the better. More money for each professional, you can get more teams out of the same amount of players.
Fourthly, with 11 aside it is easier at the grass roots to get enough players together for a game.

T-Boon

Coach
Their training regime would change. They will become more aerobically fitter, anything that makes then lift lighter weights I'm in favour of, but I wouldn't be surprised if players like B French would play a few times for Aus. Which IMO is a good thing.

OK, but Fifita isn't getting fit.