What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My idea for how the Rep season should be scheduled.

Martin Wilson

Juniors
I think the way the RE season is at the moment is a complete mess. For example, they have an International game on Anzac Day, which im all for, but they pick players based on how they played the previous season.

Why not have the entire Rep season, with the exception of an Anzac Day test at the end of the NRL season.

2 weeks after the NRL season has ended you could have the city v country game. I would change by only allowing young players to be in the teams, the iea being to give them Rep footy experience - travelling, meeting fans, handling media.

Then a month later in November-December have the Origin series. With this idea, teams wouldnt suffer losing players during the NRL season. And finally, have a test series between Australia, Britian and New Zealand.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Too much footy. Even the fans need a break from the game

Also this is cricket season. Hard ask to pull crowds during this time.

Card Shark

Immortal
Ya can't play rugby league in summer, it's way too hot.

Players need a rest!

Also the test match hasnt been around ANZAC Day for a while, correct me if I'm wrong?

Marlins

Juniors
20 team comp, 19 games. Knock out cup. Starting April.
Stand alone rep weekends mid season for origin and PI tests. Extended rep end of season tours/RLWC/6 nations tournament from early October-end nov.
I actually agree with you this PR this is the way I would do it.

siv

First Grade
Today we have 1 rep weekend and 2 byes in season - so 3 weekends

I would rather see these 4 weekends for CvC and SOO and a 4 team Pacific Cup with NZ involved

Post season we have 7 weekends in Oct-Nov

With a 6 Nation series playing the last 6 weeks Oct/Nov

siv

First Grade
Only other issue we need to factor in is the 8 week offseason for all players

At the moment a rep player will need to have Dec and Jan off

Latest posts