What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

~My Photoshop Creations

~bedsy~

First Grade
Seeing as I have nothing better to do with my time, I have been spending alot of it in front of the computer. Mainly doing stuff on photoshop and I have learnt a fair bit about it too.
Here are some of my stuff, what do you guys think of them?

~bedsy~

First Grade
scar2.jpg
mufasa2.jpg
lostsoul.jpg
bestfriends.jpg

elegance.jpg

I also made my current banner and avatar.
It's a pain I can only add 5 at a time.

~bedsy~

First Grade
harryavatar.jpg
jen.jpg
rossrachelicon.jpg
jd1.jpg

icon1.jpg

Here are a couple more icons I've done. I really like the lens flare if you haven't already noticed.

roopy

Referee
astrogirl said:
You guys are talented. Love the second pic roopy.
So did I - but the guys on the photography forum i joined the other day hated it. They arn't interested in 'arty' - they just want to get clarity of pictures like the third pic (which is still pretty poor by their standards).

~bedsy~

First Grade
astrogirl said:
These are great. What is lens flare bedsy?

icon1.jpg
That circle of light in the right hand corner of the image. That's lens flare.

I too really like the 2nd image roopy. At TAFE the teachers would have loved that.

TooheysNew

Coach
They're really good Bedsy. If you want a hand with finding and installing some more creative, artistic, free fonts to use, let me know.

astrogirl

First Grade
~bedsy~ said:
icon1.jpg
That circle of light in the right hand corner of the image. That's lens flare.
Oh cool. I think you can use a technique like that on those photo sticker booths in Chinatown. I like it too.

bedsy, my fave one is your Keira Knightly one - very dramatic.

Samwise

Bench
Nice work for a beginner Bedsy. Here's just a few tips for photoshop based on my limited and completely unqualified point of view.

1. Less is more, don't overcrowd things with special effects if they aren't needed.
2. Be careful when cropping layers. Any white or square edges stand out like a sore thumb. Zoom in heaps and take your time.
3. Sample a sh!tload of fonts to find the most appropriate one. Additionaly be careful with the colour of fonts and make sure they contrast with the background. Also check the box to make the edges smooth. Off memory its under font options or something.
4. Use lens flare sparingly. It's usually not needed.
5. When pasting a cropped layer onto a background. Use the blur tool once or twice. It helps to blend the layers together. Also once your done, i like to flatten the image then blur it again. It's only fractional but makes a big difference to making it look like a single image.
6. Keep a central theme. ie don't use a bunch of different effects which really don't go together.

Good luck. You've actually inspired me to reinstall Photoshop on my PC. I haven't used it in ages but its good fun when you've got nothing to do.

Samwise

Bench
astrogirl said:
Can I get it for mac?

Absolutely! Macs are built for graphic design. It's a couple of hundred bucks legit, but I'm sure you can download a copy on the sly.

Not that you would ever do anything like that Astro;-)