What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My team for round 1

hewi

Bench
Fair dinkum guys
The team is not announced, nothing is confirmed and it is a prediction not a fact, although far more likely than not.
Just another reporter with his 2 bobs worth about the Dragons.
No mention of any other positions.
All will be revealed tomorrow.

Mate, I hear you, however IMO it will be correct.

BennyV

Referee
Yes, it's not official or confirmed. But it's 99% going to happen. As soon as McGregor dropped after the charity shield that 'there might be room for them both in the Top 17' with that smug f**king smirk on his face (as if it was a monstrously brace decision that would make the masses adore him), it was basically locked in.

In saying that, the other lock in is that he's got no strategy behind the move, no plan for how he's going to get the best out of Field and chances are the move will do more harm than good, both to The team and to Jai himself.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Yes, it's not official or confirmed. But it's 99% going to happen. As soon as McGregor dropped after the charity shield that 'there might be room for them both in the Top 17' with that smug f**king smirk on his face (as if it was a monstrously brace decision that would make the masses adore him), it was basically locked in.

In saying that, the other lock in is that he's got no strategy behind the move, no plan for how he's going to get the best out of Field and chances are the move will do more harm than good, both to The team and to Jai himself.

I'm predicting a 3 man bench rotation with Field keeping it warm instead of developing his game in the Cutters.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
If Field is on the bench then I suspect he will see little game time. McGregor is notorious for game watching and getting lost in the moment, just ask Havili, Host and Leilua from last year.
Jai should be preparing himself in the Cutters, developing his body and making adjustments to his game that goes along with top level football, plus Head would be a good mentor for him I believe.

The flip-side of the coin is of course he being named on a Tuesday but not included on the Saturday and replaced in McGregor's "late mail". Please the masses for a couple of days, confuse the Panthers in believing they would have to practice some defensive play for when he comes on, only to be duped.

Master stroke!!!!

Ex goon

Juniors
If Field is on the bench then I suspect he will see little game time. McGregor is notorious for game watching and getting lost in the moment, just ask Havili, Host and Leilua from last year.
Jai should be preparing himself in the Cutters, developing his body and making adjustments to his game that goes along with top level football, plus Head would be a good mentor for him I believe.

The flip-side of the coin is of course he being named on a Tuesday but not included on the Saturday and replaced in McGregor's "late mail". Please the masses for a couple of days, confuse the Panthers in believing they would have to practice some defensive play for when he comes on, only to be duped.

Master stroke!!!!
When you watch basically the same squad as the CD train on showground #2 all week it is not that hard seeing who is in the starting 17. All the players know, it's no secret.

Noraa

Juniors
My team for round 1 going on current availability

1. G. Widdop
2. N. McDonald
3. T. Milne
4. J. Dugan
5. J. Nightingale
6. J. Field
7. K.Mann
8. R.Packer
9. C.Mcinnes
10. L.Ah Mau
11. J.Thompson
12. T.Frizell
13. J.Debelin

14. P.Vaughn
15. T.Sims
16. L.leilua
17. E.Aitken

Reasons ... it's different....

Widdop doesn't have to control a teams attack witch he obviously struggles with.

Mann and field ... Mann at least has a bit of vision and can play what's in front of him, field has a ton of speed could be good on the edges plus doesn't come with the pressure of halfback.

Aitken.. could come on and run hard at tiring teams with quick play the balls much like a wide running second rower .

What do ya think

ALSGI

Bench

1. G. Widdop
2. N. McDonald
3. T. Milne
4. J. Dugan
5. J. Nightingale
6. J. Field
7. K.Mann
8. R.Packer
9. C.Mcinnes
10. L.Ah Mau
11. J.Thompson
12. T.Frizell
13. J.Debelin

14. P.Vaughn
15. T.Sims
16. L.leilua
17. E.Aitken

Widdop doesn't have to control a teams attack witch he obviously struggles with.

Mann and field ... Mann at least has a bit of vision and can play what's in front of him, field has a ton of speed could be good on the edges plus doesn't come with the pressure of halfback.

Aitken.. could come on and run hard at tiring teams with quick play the balls much like a wide running second rower .

What do ya think
Noraa
I like this mostly, but no chance for round one. With some injuries, change of coach and vision later in the season maybe?
I like it because it is different and we need change.
1. I've said Widdiot to Fb for a while now, he should not be anywhere near the halves, but opportunity missed, he played fb a long time ago and should have been trialed there especially after Dufty was injured in the 9's.
2. I'll get shot again, but one of our greatest clubmen - Flo is running on tired slow legs and is ineffective in all aspects of his game now. Just slipping my tevlar vest on now......and saluting Flo as I go down.
The rest of your squad I like, with some good quality back ups hovering such as Dufty. Masoe, Herbet, Dodd, Host, Havili, and dare I say it McCrone in a pinch.

Noraa

Juniors
Cheers by flo I'm assuming you mean nightingale and I agree mostly but experience is always valuable ....so is youth and speed lol who to replace him though?

possm

Coach

1. G. Widdop
2. N. McDonald
3. T. Milne
4. J. Dugan
5. J. Nightingale
6. J. Field
7. K.Mann
8. R.Packer
9. C.Mcinnes
10. L.Ah Mau
11. J.Thompson
12. T.Frizell
13. J.Debelin

14. P.Vaughn
15. T.Sims
16. L.leilua
17. E.Aitken

What do ya think
Yep this is my team as well however, we all know Mary won't pick this team.

Crush

Coach
The frustrating thing is McCrone was always going to be selected 7. All the talk of giving Field, Mann, Nona a chance to impress in trials is complete and utter lies from Mary. Even if Field had killed it in trials he would have gone with McCrone.
I just cannot get excited about McCrone and Widdop. I almost hope that they fail miserably.

Saint52

Juniors
1. K.Mann
2. N. McDonald
3. T. Milne
4. J. Dugan
5. E. Aitken
6. J. Field
7. G, Widdop
8. R.Packer
9. C.Mcinnes
10. L.Ah Mau