What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name a horse to follow

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Wazzenme ran alright on the weekend:shock:

Wazzenme actually looks like it might be a decent horse

I didn't think it had a chance, it's by Wanted who gives most of its stock AIDS and then also named after one of the greatest cat horses to ever grace the Eastern Seaboard of Australia

Whoda thunk it? :oops:

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Miss Beneteau in R3 at Newcastle today, on the proviso she gets through the ground she should be winning.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
My boy Pirellone makes his debut tomorrow at Rosehill.

Massssssive ask first race start in a pretty deep late year 2yo race but he needs to kick off somewhere.

All signs point to him being a stayer and we have no doubts tomorrow will be well short of his best (1400) especially with the likely lack of speed in the race + bad gate but we just want to see him run through the line.

Gabby also thinks he's just about over the top but wanted to get a run into him for experience before tipping him out and bringing him back for the late spring/summer

He opened 100s and I had to have a little ew there both sentimentally and it was just a silly price as he does have talent.

Give him strength :cool:

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Aggghhh the joys of ownership, 10 lengths last on debut lol

Poor bugger was winding into it okay, still would have finished towards the tail but not too bad, but then he got bumped and shyed away from the horse on his inside and completely lost his stride and Glyn sat up on him late.

Ahwell he'll go the paddock and we will start again in something easier

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It's all up from here Lemon, my girl was pulled out of the race on debut and then had three wind operations. Looks like he will need more time and more ground.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Cheer Hiney I know I have to stay positive, I'm sure we will have a bit of fun with him along the way.

Schofield said he wasn't a fan of the soft track, thought he was going to run mid field coming around the home bend but he just paddled in the ground when he asked him to go, then he got bumped and it was all over.

When I bought into him I said I'd be happy to win a maiden at Bathurst. Trainer was confident enough to debut him in town on a Saturday and she isn't silly so there is something there, still just a big baby.

If he is getting lapped at Narromine in 12 months time then I might not be so optimistic :)

Sphagnum

Coach
Esteban. Still a shit race that it won yesterday but it is absolutely hammering it's opposition at the moment. Reminds me of some great front runners who bowl along and then drop the rest of them at the 600m. Note the other jockeys were all happy with their horses but said the winner had a lap on them.

Replay here: http://m.racingnsw.com.au/FreeFields/Results.aspx?Key=2016Jul16,NSW,Rosehill Gardens

Sargent can train a stayer. Definitely a horse to follow.

Sphagnum

Coach
Cheer Hiney I know I have to stay positive, I'm sure we will have a bit of fun with him along the way.

Schofield said he wasn't a fan of the soft track, thought he was going to run mid field coming around the home bend but he just paddled in the ground when he asked him to go, then he got bumped and it was all over.

When I bought into him I said I'd be happy to win a maiden at Bathurst. Trainer was confident enough to debut him in town on a Saturday and she isn't silly so there is something there, still just a big baby.

If he is getting lapped at Narromine in 12 months time then I might not be so optimistic :)
Shit ride. No real guide to its ability.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Looks a promising up and coming stayer.

The thing that just won at Caulfield looks pretty handy as well, it's by O'Lonhro they all get one decent horse.