What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name your best 17 for 2018

Travitoh

First Grade
Bears side for this weeks trial

1. Jesse Arthars
2. Mawene Hiroti
3. Braidon Burns
4. Jacob Gagan
5. Tyrone Taukamo
6. Dean Hawkins
7. Conor Tracey
8. Sam Johnstone
9. Billy Brittain
10. Rhys Kennedy
11. Lucky Taavale
12. Siosifa Talakai
13. Junior Tatola

14. Ky Rodwell
15. Thomas Freebairn
16. Max Bailey
17. Amanaki Manus
18. Kelpi Manu
19. Jesse Martin

Would probably suggest looking at that, Kennar, Graham, Hunt, Jennings and Douhei are the players in the mix for the spots in the backline.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

1. Jesse Arthars
2. Mawene Hiroti
3. Braidon Burns
4. Jacob Gagan
5. Tyrone Taukamo
6. Dean Hawkins
7. Conor Tracey
8. Sam Johnstone
9. Billy Brittain
10. Rhys Kennedy
11. Lucky Taavale
12. Siosifa Talakai
13. Junior Tatola

14. Ky Rodwell
15. Thomas Freebairn
16. Max Bailey
17. Amanaki Manus
18. Kelpi Manu
19. Jesse Martin

Would probably suggest looking at that, Kennar, Graham, Hunt, Jennings and Douhei are the players in the mix for the spots in the backline.

It’s also interesting to see Leilua’s not there. He must really be pushing hard.

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors

1. Jesse Arthars
2. Mawene Hiroti
3. Braidon Burns
4. Jacob Gagan
5. Tyrone Taukamo
6. Dean Hawkins
7. Conor Tracey
8. Sam Johnstone
9. Billy Brittain
10. Rhys Kennedy
11. Lucky Taavale
12. Siosifa Talakai
13. Junior Tatola

14. Ky Rodwell
15. Thomas Freebairn
16. Max Bailey
17. Amanaki Manus
18. Kelpi Manu
19. Jesse Martin

Suprised to see Burns there

Travitoh

First Grade
It’s also interesting to see Leilua’s not there. He must really be pushing hard.

Leuluai? ;)

I feel he'll be really close and wouldn't be surprised if he got a run in round one. Was highly rated at both Easts and Melbourne, getting a few games at both clubs but in both cases, has been held back a bit by injury.
Hopefully he can stay fit because i believe we have a player on our hands here

Rsag85

Bench
Leuluai? ;)

I feel he'll be really close and wouldn't be surprised if he got a run in round one. Was highly rated at both Easts and Melbourne, getting a few games at both clubs but in both cases, has been held back a bit by injury.
Hopefully he can stay fit because i believe we have a player on our hands here

Shoulder injury

Rabbits20

Immortal
Recovering should be right for the early stages maybe play a trial
I'm expecting him to start the season at Norths...

Nicholls, Clark and Britt will be in the mix...

Interesting that Jesse Martin is 19th man for Norths.

Someone in here said he'd maybe be there for round 1 but I never thought that was the case.

If injuries hit come mid season he could get a chance..

Rsag85

Bench
I'm expecting him to start the season at Norths...

Nicholls, Clark and Britt will be in the mix...

Interesting that Jesse Martin is 19th man for Norths.

Someone in here said he'd maybe be there for round 1 but I never thought that was the case.

If injuries hit come mid season he could get a chance..

Norths will do well can’t say the same for our first grade squad

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Our forwards need to lay the platform for our backs to shine,they have to go out and bash the opposition in defence and attack,
We have a first 5 game run of the Warriors,Penrith,Manly,Dogs and Dragons,IMO 5 very winnable games which will set the year up nicely,but if our forwards don't strike fear into the opposition early in the year we are cannon fodder!

callmack1

Staff member
The North’s squad is ridiculously young, they could get absolutely bullied out of some games. I reckon they’ll start out rough and come good by seasons end.
It'll be really interesting to see how some of the guys progress at Norths this year, competition for spots could be even stronger than it already is in 2019 once some guys have had NSW Cup experience.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
It'll be really interesting to see how some of the guys progress at Norths this year, competition for spots could be even stronger than it already is in 2019 once some guys have had NSW Cup experience.

Well honestly that’s what Richo is banking on. He knows we’re not premiership threats this year but by the time some of these juniors have become accustomed to NRL then we should definitely be a threatening team. If everything goes right we should be retaining our key juniors at good prices. Meaning we won’t have to rely on hitting the player market. This is a big reason why we didn’t resign Goodwin for 2 years because he probably would of been playing with the bears in 2019 anyway. A lot of Souths fans demand instant success but it just doesn’t work like that. I can see 2018 being a frustrating year and that’s why I’m really hoping we can scrape into the 8. To give the fans hope that its not a repeat of the pre Madge era.

Rabbits20

Immortal
That's right....

Most of all I want the lads to throw the ball around and see what happens.

Rsag85

Bench
The problem with our squad is we have young guys not ready for first grade yet but pushed up to the main squad because our recruitment system is poor.

We have guys who have come in for other clubs eg Gagan and Kennar who are injury prone or form has been down.

Plus we have guys like Farah and Sutto who have past there best.

But the bad thing is some fans think they have done a great job because we have signed Gagai this year.

Our squad seems poor compared to the Knights, Titans, Tigers etc.

Depth isn’t strong in the club

Rabbitoad

Juniors
The problem with our squad is we have young guys not ready for first grade yet but pushed up to the main squad because our recruitment system is poor.

We have guys who have come in for other clubs eg Gagan and Kennar who are injury prone or form has been down.

Plus we have guys like Farah and Sutto who have past there best.

But the bad thing is some fans think they have done a great job because we have signed Gagai this year.

Our squad seems poor compared to the Knights, Titans, Tigers etc.

Depth isn’t strong in the club
Oh, you're being negative again. I'm shocked :joy:

What position do we not have depth in mate?

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Are you serious?

Sharing my opinion and you trying to start shit again.
:joy: You literally said people were being too positive, but I can't think you're being too negative?

Stop being so thin skinned mate. Again, I'm literally asking you about your opinion because I'm interested.

Why so bloody defensive?

Latest posts