What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Napa sin bin

What should the refs have done?

• Send-off

Votes: 39 36.4%
  • Sin-bin

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • On report and penalty

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • Scrum to roosters

Votes: 33 30.8%

• Total voters

blaza88z

Coach
Don't worry Frank, best you move on to more important things in your life

Old mate Cliff here is driving an agenda, he wouldn't give a shit if let's say a Penrith player got hit

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
So the mrc are misguided?
According to Greenberg? Yes.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/e44d175c60f1ba4df119cae1835a1f26
And unless there’s physically a way you can play without a head I’m not sure you quite understand it’s impossible to make a shoulder tackle without tilting your head forward. Therefore it’s an accidental headclash. And on the merry-go-round we go again

You can make a shoulder tackle without aiming your head at someone. Hard to believe I know, but trust me - it's possible.

blaza88z

Coach
You mean the same view as the Match review committee? It wasn’t reckless, it wasn’t intentional, it shouldn’t have been a sin bin. Great hit that should of resulted in a roosters scrum feed. I hope he tackles exactly the same way again this week. I don’t like seeing players hurt but in a body contact sport like league it happens. I can’t wait to read your comments each and every time this now happens and players aren’t sin binned. Let’s see if you will be so vocal when your bias doesn’t dictate your opinion.

If you hit a player in the head it's a penalty at the very least, the best you could do is acknowledge he made contact with his jaw and before you come in with the "accidental headclash" bullshit, I just want you to know it doesn't matter how you make contact with his head, once you do it's a penalty

Cockosh

Juniors
You mean the same Match Review committee that Greenburg admitted got it wrong?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/e44d175c60f1ba4df119cae1835a1f26

I guess you had no problem with Nate Myles' tackling style in Origin?

The reality is that not many players tackle by leading with their heads. Bias is not dictating my opinion but I believe it is yours.

I agree that it shouldn't have been a sin bin. It should have been a send off.
Mate league isnt the sport for you. As with you I know expect greenburg will be so vocal every time on offering a “personal view” when he disagrees with refs or mrc.

“My personal view is player safety always comes first, and if you’re going to err on the side of caution, I thought it warranted a charge.”

Clifferd

Coach
According to Greenberg? Yes.

You can make a shoulder tackle without aiming your head at someone. Hard to believe I know, but trust me - it's possible.

“Aiming your head” is implying he intentionally meant to headbutt him which he didn’t. Was Napa “aiming” for Matt Lodges head when he went in with the same tackle technique but this time the player didn’t step and avoid contact?

Clifferd

Coach
Don't worry Frank, best you move on to more important things in your life

Old mate Cliff here is driving an agenda, he wouldn't give a shit if let's say a Penrith player got hit

I’m flattered you have the hots for me but no thnx dude

Cockosh

Juniors
If you hit a player in the head it's a penalty at the very least, the best you could do is acknowledge he made contact with his jaw and before you come in with the "accidental headclash" bullshit, I just want you to know it doesn't matter how you make contact with his head, once you do it's a penalty
Really? So every head clash in recent times has been penalised?? And of course he contacted with his jaw. Who ever said he didn’t. If Napa intentionally tried to take him out with his head forget suspending him, he should be put into an asylum. You’re just as likely to knock yourself out as you are the opponent. It’s russian roulette. In this instance it was also the fourth tackle and game tied up. What moron would intentionally risk being penalised!! Again I’m looking to your reaction on the next incident. Have a feeling we won’t need to wait long for the next head clash.

blaza88z

Coach
Really? So every head clash in recent times has been penalised?? And of course he contacted with his jaw. Who ever said he didn’t. If Napa intentionally tried to take him out with his head forget suspending him, he should be put into an asylum. You’re just as likely to knock yourself out as you are the opponent. It’s russian roulette. In this instance it was also the fourth tackle and game tied up. What moron would intentionally risk being penalised!! Again I’m looking to your reaction on the next incident. Have a feeling we won’t need to wait long for the next head clash.

It's blatantly obvious he was trying to put on a shot and dislodge the ball, he made contact with his head in doing so, spare me the bullshit.. this was not your typical head clash, you'll see hundreds of head clashes this season and none of them will look like that

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
“Aiming your head” is implying he intentionally meant to headbutt him which he didn’t. Was Napa “aiming” for Matt Lodges head when he went in with the same tackle technique but this time the player didn’t step and avoid contact?

How do you know Napa wasn't intending to headbutt someone?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Mate league isnt the sport for you. As with you I know expect greenburg will be so vocal every time on offering a “personal view” when he disagrees with refs or mrc.

“My personal view is player safety always comes first, and if you’re going to err on the side of caution, I thought it warranted a charge.”

You're upset. It is clouding your judgement.

typicalfan

Coach
It's blatantly obvious he was trying to put on a shot and dislodge the ball, he made contact with his head in doing so, spare me the bullshit.. this was not your typical head clash, you'll see hundreds of head clashes this season and none of them will look like that
But it isnt illegal to put a hit on to dislodge the ball. That in itself does not lend itself to any argument over the other or in itself make it careless or reckless or intentional. Maybe his technique is flawed but this is the first head clash he has been a part of I can recall and accidents will happen. If it was intentional then he would be sitting out for a long long time

Clifferd

Coach
How do you know Napa wasn't intending to headbutt someone?

I reckon 1 out of how ever many thousand tackles he’s made in career is a fair indication

Plus you’d be a serious kind of stupid to purposely put your hesd in danger like that let’s be honest

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I reckon 1 out of how ever many thousand tackles he’s made in career is a fair indication

Plus you’d be a serious kind of stupid to purposely put your hesd in danger like that let’s be honest
So you're putting all your faith in the intelligence of a Rugby League front rower.

typicalfan

Coach
Richard Villasanti on Brad Fittler was as close as you get to intentional. Napa I could not put in that category.

Latest posts