What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Napa sin bin

What should the refs have done?

• Send-off

Votes: 39 36.4%
  • Sin-bin

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • On report and penalty

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • Scrum to roosters

Votes: 33 30.8%

• Total voters

Zadar

Juniors
I don't think it was intentional either. But it was definitely reckless and therefore worth penalising.

Finally realised after this post that you have been taking the piss on head clashes this whole thread.

Well played, didn’t think anybody could have seriously been that thick on the issue.

Valheru

Coach
I don't think it was intentional either. But it was definitely reckless and therefore worth penalising.

Not many people believe it wasn't worth penalising. It is the sin binning that was over the top. Do you think a sin bin was warranted? If so, why?

siv

First Grade
I thought it okay live but on replay it looked pretty reckless and dangerous to me. Don't need intent for it to be dangerous.

Sorry I called send off as soon as I saw it

Nothing has changed my mind

Even Greenburg said he should have been charged

Clifferd

Coach
Did Napa’s dangerous tackling technique injure anyone this weekend?

Anyone?

It was an accident. Will probably never happen again

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Not many people believe it wasn't worth penalising. It is the sin binning that was over the top. Do you think a sin bin was warranted? If so, why?
It was reckless illegal contact to the head of an opposing player taking him out of the match. That's a send off.

Cockosh

Juniors
Nope. Wasn’t cited. Played yesterday. Tackled the same. No accidental head clashes yesterday fortunately.

Valheru

Coach
It was reckless illegal contact to the head of an opposing player taking him out of the match. That's a send off.

No it wasn't, otherwise he would have been charged. Regardless, that still doesn't warrant a sin bin as none of the reckless tackles that have actually been charged have resulted in a sin bin.

Valheru

Coach
Sorry I called send off as soon as I saw it

Nothing has changed my mind

Even Greenburg said he should have been charged

Who cares what greenburg said? He is entitled to his opinion like any other, he just happens to have the wrong opinion in this instance.

kdalymc

Bench
Lol. People that think, Result should = difference in the charge.

I can punch someone and knock them out, I can punch someone and he doesn’t flinch. It’s still a punch it’s still the same act.

You could accidentally head high someone and break their face. You could aim to rip someone’s face off and not do anything. Head high is head high.

Cockosh

Juniors

I can punch someone and knock them out, I can punch someone and he doesn’t flinch. It’s still a punch it’s still the same act.

You could accidentally head high someone and break their face. You could aim to rip someone’s face off and not do anything. Head high is head high.
Lol. People that think he intentionally tried to launch himself head first.

Clifferd

Coach

The difference is intent

Napa didn’t intentionally try to break his jaw

It’s so simple

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Lol. Dude you’ve been saying it was intentional all week

Now you’re finally admitting it was an accident?

FTR accidents in that situation are punishable, yes. Penalty nothing else
Comprehension does not come easily to you does it?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
No it wasn't, otherwise he would have been charged. Regardless, that still doesn't warrant a sin bin as none of the reckless tackles that have actually been charged have resulted in a sin bin.
The MRC get it right 100% of the time do they?

Cockosh

Juniors
The MRC get it right 100% of the time do they?
Of course they don’t. But you and a few others have argued vehemently that it was so obviously, blatantly, intentionally reckless yet no charge. Where is the outcry, where is the controversy in the media? It’s not there because most reasonable RL followers deem it to be an accidental headclash. Napa has played a 100 odd first grade games and has never had an issue in leading with his head. Yet now he intentionally tries to take an opponent out with a flying headshot on the 4th tackle with the game on the line. Get a grip.