What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Brown

Forty20

First Grade
I had high hopes for him based on his spurts of talent shown at Souths but it was tempered by his disciplinary record. He has truly exceeded all expectations though and I don't think the term revelation is undeserved. We did a great job locking down King Gutho to a nice extension before his market exploded so hopefully the same will get done with Saint Brown.

Forty20

First Grade
Brown didn't just have an aggro streak at South Sydney, he dead set saw the red mist. He gave away a plethora of stupid penalties last year due to brain snaps and lashing out in anger and it was the major reason their fans were so happy to see the back of him at the time.

The most 'undisciplined' he has been for us is looking out for his half back when Coen Hess nailed Moses after a clearing kick a few weeks back. Whatever we did with him in the pre-season worked a treat, he is just letting his footy do all the talking for him on the field.

strider

Post Whore
Brown didn't just have an aggro streak at South Sydney, he dead set saw the red mist. He gave away a plethora of stupid penalties last year due to brain snaps and lashing out in anger and it was the major reason their fans were so happy to see the back of him at the time.

The most 'undisciplined' he has been for us is looking out for his half back when Coen Hess nailed Moses after a clearing kick a few weeks back. Whatever we did with him in the pre-season worked a treat, he is just letting his footy do all the talking for him on the field.
He had a small run in with klemmer on thursday too .... i love it! ... we seriously lack intimmidation - as long as he doesnt start shit, we need someone who will be happy to serve it back ... beau is mellowing with age, we need a new millat

I had high hopes for him based on his spurts of talent shown at Souths but it was tempered by his disciplinary record. He has truly exceeded all expectations though and I don't think the term revelation is undeserved. We did a great job locking down King Gutho to a nice extension before his market exploded so hopefully the same will get done with Saint Brown.
Did you doubt that BA would sort him out?

emjaycee

Coach

Brown and Moses are good mates too so no surprise to see he had Mitchell's back.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I was thinking in the 250k range personally. Still well under the odds. I suppose we'll never know for sure, but he's a bargain in anyone's book. Souths fans have been trying to convince some of their posters that he's on 5-600k and there's no way they could have afforded to keep him lol.
He's probably worth $500k but I expected we would've got him for $250k-$300k.

strider

Post Whore
It is a lot closer to the mark than I think most will give credit. A reliable South Sydney tipster on Reddit was poking fun at us last year for signing him to a deal worth - in his words - $150k a year because it solidly trumped the offer from the Rabbitohs.
Nathan Ryan in his "Private Eye" column on FoxSports today that wrote that he's on $170k. This would go with the mail I saw a souffs fan post when the signing was announced that they could only offer $100k and we offered $150k.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/2d378308c3ae426e5e0838926f6f2507

All i can say is ... thank god we finally talked to someone ... THIS is what happens when you talk to people

Now if only we had talked to Vaughn

Chipmunk

Coach
Sorry to burst your bubble sir, but Nathan Hindmarsh is the greatest forward the Eels have ever seen in many regards. Lets not put the cart before the wagon.

Agreed, but he also started at the club two decades ago (1990's), not this decade.(2010 and beyond....), when, and most would agree, Hindy was probably past his best.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Personally I don't believe he's on that little tbh. I don't think he's on a heap, but 170k seems ludicrous to me

As I mentioned in the rumours thread, the journo Ryan has pretty good mail and won't write bullshit!!

The Colonel

Immortal
He had a small run in with klemmer on thursday too .... i love it! ... we seriously lack intimmidation - as long as he doesnt start shit, we need someone who will be happy to serve it back ... beau is mellowing with age, we need a new millat

That bloke in the second row - Manu. He goes alright.

ImTheMan

Juniors
Agreed, but he also started at the club two decades ago (1990's), not this decade.(2010 and beyond....), when, and most would agree, Hindy was probably past his best.

I was actually quite chuffed when I heard Hindmarsh was returning a couple of years ago. Sure his attacking game fell away but he was the epitome of a courageous man.

Compared to older lots the eels send out daughters instead of sons.

Brad Arthur would do well do have this running through the sheds dressing rooms pregame: