What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Cleary becomes youngest player to score 200 points in a season, Raiders’ finals hopes dashed

Blues Riff

Bench
Great achievement. I think last season he became the only player ever to score 100 in two grades in a season. I'm sure I saw him at full time today in the background giving autographs and selfies to the female Raiders fans. Kid's a Rock Star.

mave

Coach
Why does everyone keep saying the Raiders are gone ?

They play the Knights and then the Storm, who will no doubt rest their whole squad.

The way Manly and the Cows are going, the Raiders are still a fair chance to make the 8.

nick87

Coach

They play the Knights and then the Storm, who will no doubt rest their whole squad.

The way Manly and the Cows are going, the Raiders are still a fair chance to make the 8.

Even if everything DID go our way, we DID win both our games and sneak into the 8... what reason is there to believe we wouldnt be cannon fodder for the top 8 teams?

This season started out with Raiders fans like myself thinking we had a team capable of winning a premiership. That certainly isnt going to happen so AFIC, our season is over.

I also always maintained that we could sneak into the 8 with 28 points and a good f/a which we have, but yeah it's highly unlikely.

As for Cleary, he's destined for great things. I wish his dad stayed at the Warriors, cos then the Kiwis would be a chance of having him on residency grounds/the fact he learned how to play RL in NZ. Instead he's about to enter a tug of war for his services during Origin time next year cos Gus won't want him involved.

Incorrect

Coach

I don't see Bellamy resting his entire squad in round 26.
Cronk and Glasby got a rest in Round 24, this week it'll probably be Smith and Muster's turn, then maybe Slater and Chambers or whoever in round 26.

Let's just hope results go the Raiders way this week and then in round 26, the Boncos beat the Cows on the Thursday and Manly lose to the Panthers in the 5:30 Saturday game - it will be all to play for in that Storm -Raiders game at 7:30PM - would be a cracker and actually a nice semi-final like hit out for the Storm before the Finals....

King hit

Coach
It's hard to believe he is still a teenager, he plays like someone who has at least 5 years under his belt. Hope he gets a go in Origin sooner than later.

Laughing at this genius on nospam37 who said he was a crap player. What a total moron that guy was.

Yeah I vaguely remember an article from one of them saying it may not necessarily be the best thing for Nathan at this time of his career to play under Ivan.

Penrith will probably need to offer a little more than $3m over 5 years or they'll likely lose another talented kid to Uncle Nick.

Latest posts