What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

National ? Secondary Schools comp

ozbash

Referee
Has anyone been to any of these games ?

saw a little bit on tvnz news last night and it looked good.
surprised that Nelson College hasnt a team, Kier ???

Great to see the old school (Otahuhu College) in the running, we wernt allowed to play league when i was there, even for a club.

times have changed.

kier

Juniors
The games at the schools nationals are often great to watch. No Nelson teams this year - basically the politics of trying to organise RL in the school has worn me down and I've had to give it away. I hope to get it running again soon........but we'll see.

The horrible irony is that in the year the school stopped playing RL two of our recent students have become RL internationals!

playdaball

Bench
kier said:
The horrible irony is that in the year the school stopped playing RL two of our recent students have become RL internationals!

Mannering and was the otehr ex pupil a PNG player?

playdaball

Bench
Hey Kier

Was RL played in Tasman Bays/Nelson this year? Real shame if 'no', especially with the Region producing two birds - a Kumul and a Kiwis.

Skinner

Coach
kier said:
The games at the schools nationals are often great to watch. No Nelson teams this year - basically the politics of trying to organise RL in the school has worn me down and I've had to give it away. I hope to get it running again soon........but we'll see.

I know it's tough kier, but we have to keep trying. I'm on the North Shore
and it's damn near impossible to get the Rugger schools in. You've just
got to keep chipping away.

The NZRL doesn't seem to help too much so it's up to the blokes and lasses
in the district leagues to keep plugging away.

Tough, I know, but that's the way it is.

If you really need some help, pm me, and we'll see what we can do.

Cheers
Skinner

kier

Juniors
There was no RL of any description in the Nelson region this year. Last year the only RL was the College team at nationals - and that side came within a hairsbreathe of not happening.

At the school we have a 'master in charge of rugby (union)' - it so happens that he is also the chairman of the Tasman RU.......so there's a political conflict which I haven't had a hope of winning.

That said we do have a new headteacher - so it's possible that there could be change.