What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA 2K18

Iafeta

Referee
Prelude was Gaaarrrrbbbbbaaagggeee. So you build your player, colour me surprised when my cacausian blond point guard is an African American small forward in the cut scenes. In the storyline you have a girlfriend who looks like a Cambodian version of the wrestler Chyna... cmon, I pull better than that. The shooting metre seems strange. The cut scenes are full of camera errors where dudes heads and arms are hollow.

Money's too tight to mention, cutback ... so I think I'm sticking with 2k17 for now.

Paullyboy

Coach
I had never played a 2k game before, but picked up 2k17 reasonably cheap a few months ago and really enjoy it. Having said that, I only ever play sport games for their franchise mode, so this storyline stuff doesn't interest me. I'm assuming they've given 2k18 the Madden treatment and ignored franchise? If so, I'll do what I do with Madden and just get a new one every 3 or 4 years.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Only ever played 2k14 on the Xbox 360

I'm downloading the prelude to my PS4 as we speak. Although I have FIFA 18 demo downloading as well...

edabomb

First Grade
Grabbed this last night. Definitely fun - but Carmelo on the 2007/08 is ridiculous. He has the shooting touch that would make Curry envious.

Iafeta

Referee
Ahhh I bought it. I hate it. So much focus on online and in particular micro transactions. My career mode sucks royally unless you want to buy up on micro transactions.

dogz08

First Grade
i'm actually still enjoying playing pro-am & my park on 2k17 more than 2k18 right now

Iafeta

Referee
I've calmed down. And slowly and rationally taped up the disc I hurled across the room and am giving this another go

So here I am, I'm a cornrows wearing OG playing for OKC with PG13 and the Gs. So I get home after a hard matchup, and my Bae is waiting. This is my Bae, I earn a few mil, am a hot AF young PG, and this is my Bae?!?!?!?

images

Wtf! No offence to fuglies, drunks need hook ups too, but W in T actual F

shiznit

Coach
I've calmed down. And slowly and rationally taped up the disc I hurled across the room and am giving this another go

So here I am, I'm a cornrows wearing OG playing for OKC with PG13 and the Gs. So I get home after a hard matchup, and my Bae is waiting. This is my Bae, I earn a few mil, am a hot AF young PG, and this is my Bae?!?!?!?

images

200.gif

edabomb

First Grade
I've been playing a season on Superstar as All Star was a bit too easy. Seems like a huge swing going up a level - the opposition will only make 2 or 3 turnovers in a 40 minute game on Superstar.

Still it could be worse, I could have Iafeta's girl :)

Last edited:

Parra Pride

Coach

images

Jokes aside this dumb bitch and every other shit character they forced into mycareer has really limited the amount time I put into 2K. Wouldn't be too bad if the unbearable cut scenes were skippable.

Iafeta

Referee
I mean, she's a hell of a cook. But she's a freakin carney. I'm sponsored by Adidas FFS. Imagine me turning up on the Espys red carpet with that? I think by year 2 of my career we will have 24 cats.

Trying to level up without buying coins is tough. I baaadly need to work on my free throws. I'm currently being coached by Andre Roberson and Stevie Wonder.

Latest posts