What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Season 2017/18

Rod

Bench
You know what else is weak? A team where Jeff Green is your second best player in a Game 7,

edabomb

First Grade
You know what else is weak? A team where Jeff Green is your second best player in a Game 7,

Of course. But when that also applies to every team he beat it's not really that impressive to me.

Dirk's run through the West and Miami in 2011 is much more impressive to me.

Rod

Bench
I mean Dirk won the title that year so yeah, if you take this version of LeBron making of the Finals in singularity, the former is probably more impressive. This is just yet another feather in LeBron's cap though.

It's also easy to talk down LeBron's opposition after he's beaten them. Not just this year but throughout this whole 'East is weak' narrative. Sure on balance the West is probably stronger than the East in recent years, but there's also some cause and effect at play. How many potentially very good East teams has LeBron broken up, disbanded or forced to perform a long rebuild?

This year, the Raptors had the #1 seed and went all out. Yes LeBron owns them mentally but most pundits had that series as a coin flip before it started or even in the Raptors' favour. Then it was Philly that was going to take him down. Then Boston went up 2-0 and he was done again...

The Cavs had the 29th ranked defence in the regular season for crying out loud. Bar joining a team like next year's Magic or Hawks I'm not sure what else he could do to prove that he could take basically any lineup to the Finals.

Barkley

Bench
Two teams in two days lost their Conference Finals by poor 3 point shooting. Stop jacking 3's and play some ball. It reeks of desperation and both teams didn't handle the pressure well. Losing CP3 was a massive blow, one that they were never going to overcome.

Lyoto

Juniors
This is going to be the most one-sided and boring finals ever, every game will be a 20+ point blowout. Cavs don't have a chance in hell. f**k KD.

Last edited:

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
i don't think Houston will get a better chance to knock off the warriors than that. 17 and 15 point leads blown in games 6 and 7... crazy stuff

edabomb

First Grade
I mean Dirk won the title that year so yeah, if you take this version of LeBron making of the Finals in singularity, the former is probably more impressive. This is just yet another feather in LeBron's cap though.

It's also easy to talk down LeBron's opposition after he's beaten them. Not just this year but throughout this whole 'East is weak' narrative. Sure on balance the West is probably stronger than the East in recent years, but there's also some cause and effect at play. How many potentially very good East teams has LeBron broken up, disbanded or forced to perform a long rebuild?

This year, the Raptors had the #1 seed and went all out. Yes LeBron owns them mentally but most pundits had that series as a coin flip before it started or even in the Raptors' favour. Then it was Philly that was going to take him down. Then Boston went up 2-0 and he was done again...

The Cavs had the 29th ranked defence in the regular season for crying out loud. Bar joining a team like next year's Magic or Hawks I'm not sure what else he could do to prove that he could take basically any lineup to the Finals.

Well LeBron has directly contributed to the weak East. He broke up a 50 win team in Toronto and a 60 win team in Cleveland when he moved to the Heat.

Very hard to judge between eras as the superteam era has completely changed the league. I would have had more respect for LeBron's achievements if he had stayed in Cleveland and won 2 or 3 Championships. To me that would mean more than skipping between ideal situations and winning 6 or 7.

I'll give him big respect if he can take 2 games off the Warriors.