What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Season 2017/18

Rod

Bench
I've been thinking and the main thing about the Warriors for me is that apart from the odd thing like a hot shooting streak from Klay (or Curry yesterday), they aren't even particularly entertaining to watch any more. Even though they were arguably unlikeable before Durant arrived, they still blew you away with their style of play and the fluidity of everything, players moving without the ball etc.

Obviously they still do a lot of that stuff but the talent discrepancy is so large now that everything they do sort of gives off the impression that they're only really trying about 75% of the time. All they need on any given night to win is for 1 of Curry, KD, Klay to show up on offence while the other 2 coast. Their margin of error is so huge now that for me it removes a lot about what made them so great in 2015 and 2016.

That being said, the Cavs have given them some trouble at points and obviously blew game 1, so they should be going back to Cleveland 1-1. Obviously a lot hinges on this game 3, you would think/hope Korver and JR can get going at home to provide some support for when LeBron gets trapped and double-teamed. The question is whether they are still mentally scarred from Game 1, if they can bounce back and win at home, we still might get a series or at least a game 6.

T-Boon

Coach
Curry is a hack. 0-10. He is classless. I feel like I am watching a high school player who perfected a trick.

edabomb

First Grade
What a boring series.

Up there with Spurs vs Cavs in 07.

Agree Curry has gotten old. I do give him some respect in that he isn't a ring chaser like most of his peers though.

Barkley

Bench
So where to for Lebron now? Surely he is favoured to leave the Cavs now.

Edit: Assuming the Warriors wrap this series up.

Last edited:

edabomb

First Grade
So where to for Lebron now? Surely he is favoured to leave the Cavs now.

Edit: Assuming the Warriors wrap this series up.

Houston or the Warriors are the only ones that make sense to me.

Philly are still a couple of years away IMO. But if he is sticking East they by far make the most sense with Boston not an option.

T-Boon

Coach
Philly are still a couple of years away IMO. But if he is sticking East they by far make the most sense with Boston not an option.

Philly are a couple of years away without Lebron. With Lebron they walk into the finals and who knows what happens?
I think Lebron, Leonard, George and Porzingas at the Knicks.

edabomb

First Grade
Philly are a couple of years away without Lebron. With Lebron they walk into the finals and who knows what happens?
I think Lebron, Leonard, George and Porzingas at the Knicks.

I just think to give himself a real shot at winning another title in his prime it has to be the Rockets or the Warriors. 76ers could definitely take the East but I don't see them matching up in the Finals.

That Knicks situation would be crazy. George is overrated as hell but Kawhi is amazing.

Rod

Bench
You can rule out the Warriors. Just no.

Rockets is a chance but would require some quality cap gymnastics from Morey. I honestly can't see it happening and I also don't know if LeBron wants to make a move that could be viewed as even remotely similar to KD's.

Spurs is the West dark horse. They still hold the cards in terms of Kawhi's contract and LeBron loves Pop.

Philly and the Knicks are decent chances. All either might need to do to convince LeBron is make one trade (for Philly it would be for Kawhi or PG, for NY it might be as simple as trading away Kanter haha).

My guess is that this year-long speculation will have been for nothing and he will do a 1+1 with the Cavs to get a gauge on where the team is going and the likely quality of the Brooklyn pick.

edabomb

First Grade
You can rule out the Warriors. Just no.

Rockets is a chance but would require some quality cap gymnastics from Morey. I honestly can't see it happening and I also don't know if LeBron wants to make a move that could be viewed as even remotely similar to KD's.

Spurs is the West dark horse. They still hold the cards in terms of Kawhi's contract and LeBron loves Pop.

Philly and the Knicks are decent chances. All either might need to do to convince LeBron is make one trade (for Philly it would be for Kawhi or PG, for NY it might be as simple as trading away Kanter haha).

My guess is that this year-long speculation will have been for nothing and he will do a 1+1 with the Cavs to get a gauge on where the team is going and the likely quality of the Brooklyn pick.

Agree that I can't see the Warriors realistically cutting Thompson and Green to acquire an ageing LeBron. I do think LeBron would leap at it if they were willing to though.

LA with Paul George is the other option I've heard floated. That would be a disaster IMO, George is only a small upgrade on Love.

T-Boon

Coach
Stephen A Smith says Lebron is talking to
Cavs, Warriors, 76ers, Celtics, Rockets, Lakers.

The only option I hate is Cavs. Every other option makes things interesting.

It would also be interesting to see Durant leave (maybe go to Boston) and try to stake a claim as a top 5 all time type. I think he could keep winning with the Warriors without ever actually really enhancing his status much.

T-Boon

Coach
you know when the off season is going to be more interesting than the finals that there is a problem

skeepe

Immortal
f**k the Warriors.
f**k KD for killing his legacy
f**k Curry for being a classless piece of shit
f**k Klay, the arrogant, unlikeable prick
f**k Draymond for being the biggest, dirtiest merkin in the league
f**k Steve Kerr, you sarcastic twat.

f**k them all. They have killed the NBA.

Barkley

Bench
f**k the Warriors.
f**k KD for killing his legacy
f**k Curry for being a classless piece of shit
f**k Klay, the arrogant, unlikeable prick
f**k Draymond for being the biggest, dirtiest merkin in the league
f**k Steve Kerr, you sarcastic twat.

f**k them all. They have killed the NBA.
Don’t forget the refs Skeepe.

Latest posts