What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nearly sport fantasy

Franko

Juniors
Is anyone setting up a fantasy comp on the nearly sport website?

If so I'm happy to jin or even set one up if no one else is doing so.

Fingerbang

Bench
HOTD usually sets one up for LU people, but seems a few people from here have been lacking interest in that comp the last couple of years.

aussies1st

Staff member
Yep he has sent me the details to set up a comp. Let me know what rules you guys want and I'll go with the majority. My options are listed in bold.
Points per Dominant Forward: 4

Bench Players Score Half? No
Forward Battle: No
'Yes' means Defensive Forwards only reduce Attacking Forward points.
Points per Dominant Player: 4-2-1
Bench Players Score Half? No
Bench Players Score Half Points (Tries, Kicks, Sin-Bins, Send-Offs):No

Captain Scores Double (kicks not included): No

Points for Coach Winning: 0
Selecting 'none' removes NRL coaches from the game
Recruitment
Competition Type: Standard

Goalkickers (Player or Club):
Player eg. Jamie Soward, Club eg. Dragons Kicker
Goalkicker Limit: 2

Goalkicker Recruitment Delay: 3
Delay before 2nd kicker can be recruited
Number of Bids available during Initial Recruitment:

Preferred Time of Day for Initial Recruitment End: 9pm

Max Number of Trades Between Teams: 10

Show number of bids on Players: Show only a bid has been placed including initial recruitment.

Start Competition:

Franko

Juniors
There are 4 spots left in one of the nearly sport comps. There are 4 types of different rules but all similar.

This one you dont choose a kicker just a team kicker. So if you go Adam reynolds you only get points for his normal play. However if you pick souths kicker you get the points for who ever kicks goals for Souths on the day. Not a bad option as it rules out being disadvantaged when your kicker is out. I think in this one also your reserve forwards take points off the other teams scoring forwards. So if your reserve forwards get 20 points and the other team only get 15 they will lose 5 if that makes sense.

As I said there are 4 types of comp rules i put a team in each one. One comp however needs 4 more people to start the draft. The draft works different you bid for players and the person who bids the most after 24 hours wgets that player.

If you want to play go to www.nearlysport.com click on enter team under public competition. the one needing 4 teans is the 3rd one which says

Competition Options

Standard Recruitment

Club Goalkickers

Forward Battle

Currently 396 places available.

Enter
PublicTypeD.png
Competition Options

Standard Recruitment

Player Goalkickers

Forward Battle

Currently 352 places available.

Enter

Donkey

Juniors
Anyone keen on joining Private Comp?
14 team comp 2 spots left - heaps competitive!!
Been running for 10 years - big teams , lots of experience !!!

aussies1st

Staff member
I have setup our comp. 2 goal kickers, new forward battle thing and 10 teams.

1. Go to www.nearlysport.com
2. Register an account if you have not already
3. Log in to your account.
4. Select "Private Competitions" - "Enter Team" from the front page.
5. Enter the Competition ID: 8333
6. Enter the Team Activation Password: nnrl45
7. When all teams have been activated a draw will be generated and recruitment will begin.

Fingerbang

Bench
See what I mean about the interest in Nearly sport dying around here.....the best fantasy game by far, and can only get 5 teams signed up in 3 days.

I know a few friends who would join up, but hung off letting them know until all the LU regualrs had a chance to enter a team.

diddi kong

Juniors
I like Nearly Sport but think there's a bit too much luck involved with it...plus there's always gotta be one or two in every league that bid $2million for Barba and Cam Smith and then realise they have no money left to fill a squad out who wreck it for the rest of the league.

I think that's where the lack of interest has come from.

aussies1st

Staff member
I left it so I could start the comp just so we didn't get some random time like 2am in the morning.

I'll start it at 4pm.

Franko

Juniors
Great that i picked up Barba for 1.2mil oh well i'll have plenty of money left top spend on a no body.

Gee Barba is going to affect a lot of fantasy sides initially.

Latest posts