What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need some tips guys

Cliffhanger

Coach
So I am starting a new health, strength training and fitness blog.

I know there's plenty out there, but I think what's missing from a lot of them is information and advice based on evidence based research. Anyway, I've posted my first two blogs. Don't really want to full on launch it yet. Just want to start so I can get some tips on how to progress and make it better.

There's the link to blog.
http://body-knowledge.net/

Feel free to like it on facebook too.

https://www.facebook.com/bodknowledge

RHCP

Bench
I'm studying exercise science too cliffy.

First blog is good, nothing really wrong with it except that it doesn't really fit in with your mission statement of 'evidence based research', no studies reference in there anywhere. How come?

RHCP

Bench
Fair enough. Figured if that was the direction you wanted to take it in you'd go there straight off the bat.

urban eel

Juniors
from a non fitness based perspecive it comes off well and is a good read.

only minor point that irked my OCD was the heading,i like the use of the split wording but i'd consider changing the font for the EDGE part.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Fair enough. Figured if that was the direction you wanted to take it in you'd go there straight off the bat.

I considered it. All I can think to bring in is some articles that discuss the value of doing squats.

Shorty

Staff member
It looks fine but yeah I'd get some in quote referencing with some of the statements.
Not too hard to do, I'm guessing you'd already be doing it with uni anyhow - Ask some of your lecturers about it.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Yeah looking at some studies on squatting improving posture and functional resistance training helping with lower back pain.

shaggs

Coach
As much as I think mehdi from strong lifts is a tosser he does have a lot of good stuff to say about squatting in regards to helping with knee and back pain and as the most important whole body exercise for fitness and strength.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Mehdi is a big tosser. But his program works, and he offers a lot of good information in a practical way.

shaggs

Coach
Agreed

I read a lot of layne norton and poliquin articles too. They may be a bit science heavy, pending the market you are aiming at

Latest posts