What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Neil Henry

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I'd like to be the first to start the rumour that Kearney's keen to take over at the Titans. And as much as we'd hate to lose him, I'd not want to stand in the way of a mans dreams. Just go Kearney, its OK, we'll muddle through without you

Follow your dream Stephen! Just like Hayne

Brutus

Referee
Was curious as to how Rothfield had it confirmed that Henry was sacked a full week before the poor bastard even knew. Seems you answered my question. I know he's an old piss fart that takes a guess and he's wrong hundreds of times, but this seemed a little different.

Yep it had the former referee written all over it as soon as Rothfield broke the Henry news.

Imagine having that as your CEO.

Todd Hoffman

Juniors
I cant wait to see who they replace hin with...

Shame Hayne came in and ruined the clib, they looked like they were buildin nicely.

They were building nicely till Jughead came along. Wait till the off season or the midldle of next year when he does a runner.

davi

Juniors
They were building nicely till Jughead came along. Wait till the off season or the midldle of next year when he does a runner.

Jarryd Hayne is on his last chance if he plays for the Titans next year. This suggestion that he has all this leverage to screw the Titans over is crap because his options are dwindling in terms of teams willing to offer him serious coin. Andrew Webster puts it best:

"But now he finds himself at a critical point of his career. He's almost made himself unemployable with his form and actions this season and if he expects to command seven figures in the future he had better make it work in 2018 with the Titans.

At the very least, he owes it the people paying his wage, the players standing next to him and the fans turning up every week who don't want him to nonchalantly ignore unmarked players outside him, kick the ball dead and then shrug his shoulders.

If Hayne's not careful, he might get Hayned himself."

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...-to-control-jarryd-hayne-20170821-gy122t.html

POPEYE

Coach
Now that Henry's gone Annesley can make Hayne Captain/Coach, f**k I'd love to see that . . . I reckon Hayne would actually believe it a win

Spade

Juniors
Are these dickheads at the Titans serious? Kevin Walters?; blokes done f**k all and was on the chopping block for the origin gig before Cameran Smith pulled a game out of his arse game 3.

He has a winning percentage of 37% in the only other gig he has had over a decade ago...

Deadset dumb merkins at the Titans.

Spade

Juniors
Jarryd Hayne is on his last chance if he plays for the Titans next year. This suggestion that he has all this leverage to screw the Titans over is crap because his options are dwindling in terms of teams willing to offer him serious coin. Andrew Webster puts it best:

"But now he finds himself at a critical point of his career. He's almost made himself unemployable with his form and actions this season and if he expects to command seven figures in the future he had better make it work in 2018 with the Titans.

At the very least, he owes it the people paying his wage, the players standing next to him and the fans turning up every week who don't want him to nonchalantly ignore unmarked players outside him, kick the ball dead and then shrug his shoulders.

If Hayne's not careful, he might get Hayned himself."

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...-to-control-jarryd-hayne-20170821-gy122t.html

Hayne didn't even want to stay next year, management shopped him round with zero interest for weeks before he accepted the 2nd year option; Titans are dumb for leaving it purely up to Hayne to decide if he'd stay or go.

Todd Hoffman

Juniors
Are these dickheads at the Titans serious? Kevin Walters?; blokes done f**k all and was on the chopping block for the origin gig before Cameran Smith pulled a game out of his arse game 3.

He has a winning percentage of 37% in the only other gig he has had over a decade ago...

Well they are run by the NRL.

davi

Juniors

Yes they are serious, they are so serious they have ruled out Des Hasler who is stinking it up at the Bulldogs suggesting his price tag and his program is too costly.

The other options unproven upcoming assistants are too risky, and the Walker brothers unorthodox style is not really what the Titans are looking for after a season of turmoil.

Basically the two most proven viable options are Kevin Walters and Geoff Toovey. Titans at this stage want a safe pair hands and Walters did his apprentice under Craig Bellamy and had a successful tenure as Queensland coach. Also he had to rebuild the team after the thrashing in game 1, and blend in a lot of new debutants that's failed to be acknowledge from his critics.

Walters also missed out on the Tigers job that went to Mick Potter, since that appointment the Tigers are now on to their third coach. Walters deserves a crack and the fact he is not waiting out for a more stable situation (Broncos) deserves credit.

Saxon

Bench
Titans at this stage want a safe pair hands and Walters did his apprentice under Craig Bellamy and had a successful tenure as Queensland coach. Also he had to rebuild the team after the thrashing in game 1, and blend in a lot of new debutants that's failed to be acknowledge from his critics.

Walters also missed out on the Tigers job that went to Mick Potter, since that appointment the Tigers are now on to their third coach. Walters deserves a crack and the fact he is not waiting out for a more stable situation (Broncos) deserves credit.

Steve Kearney did his apprenticeship under Bellamy and Bennett too.

Just sayin'

davi

Juniors
Steve Kearney did his apprenticeship under Bellamy and Bennett too.

Just sayin'

Michael Maguire also did his apprencticship under Bellamy as an assistant. No guarantees you will be a great coach, but it can't hurt learning off Bellamy either.

Grail

Juniors
Titans should seek out Brian Smith. Give him a 2 year contract and a specific mandate to turn the club around and rebuild.

Will they win a title in those 2 years? No. But they wouldn't win in 2 years regardless. But they will be rebuilt into a strong Club.

Nobody rebuilds a club like Smith and he can turn it around quickly. Give him that directive and let him do his work. Bring in someone towards the end of his second year as a successor and let them go from there.

Artful Dodger

Juniors
If the walker brothers get a start the titans will lose its marquee players and be set back another year.

Their style of play worked for 1 season where they hit a run of form at the right time of year and had players in career best form. 2 years on and they back to struggling to make the finals once again

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Their style of play worked for 1 season where they hit a run of form at the right time of year and had players in career best form. 2 years on and they back to struggling to make the finals once again
Just like Jarryd Hayne. The Titans board will be all over this...

Saxon

Bench
Michael Maguire also did his apprencticship under Bellamy as an assistant. No guarantees you will be a great coach, but it can't hurt learning off Bellamy either.
Agreed. Brad Arthur was a Bellamy assistant too, so there are some pretty fair outcomes there.

I was more pointing out that Kearney started his first grade career with a basket case and it wasn't the miracle pill every eels fan hoped for.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Titans should seek out Brian Smith. Give him a 2 year contract and a specific mandate to turn the club around and rebuild.

Will they win a title in those 2 years? No. But they wouldn't win in 2 years regardless. But they will be rebuilt into a strong Club.

Nobody rebuilds a club like Smith and he can turn it around quickly. Give him that directive and let him do his work. Bring in someone towards the end of his second year as a successor and let them go from there.

Brian Smith was the first name that came to me when i head Henry was axed...

He did wonders with the Knights in a very short period and might even have taken us to a GF with one more year.

Tooves would be my choice of the names put foward; if they cant be successful, he can at least deliver a good "the world is against us" mentality. Mirroring Malny's "us v them, everybody hates us" would be great for fan engament