What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Neil Henry?

legs 11

Juniors
Titans coach due to get the bullet. How would he fit with us, even ifs its just a season or so until a Bellamy or similar was available.......He has had the titans generally competing well....the fall out with Hayne is going to cost him, but at least it shows he speaks his mind.
an improvement over SK?

spear tackle

Juniors
Hard to say really without knowing more about the Hayne saga, and if there are any other reasons for him supposedly going from the Titans but it looks like he can motivate a team and make them competitive.

JJ

Immortal
Only for a short time it seems

There's more to it than Hayne, and there's lots of rumours about similar drama at the Cowboys

Certainly he's better than Kearney, but not the answer - we're really f**ked, I have no idea what they should do - I mean seriously, we ditched Cleary for McLennan which was stupid, then we've progressively sacked each coach and signed one that is worse... Henry would reverse that trend, but I don't think there's any information suggesting he's better than, say, Elliott was

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I doubt Bellamy would come here if it meant shafting SK. Pretty sure they share a good relationship from their Storm days

jaseg

Juniors
Garth Brennan.

Assuming certain other coaches who currently have jobs aren't available, that is.

Reactions: JJ
Only for a short time it seems

There's more to it than Hayne, and there's lots of rumours about similar drama at the Cowboys

Certainly he's better than Kearney, but not the answer - we're really f**ked, I have no idea what they should do - I mean seriously, we ditched Cleary for McLennan which was stupid, then we've progressively sacked each coach and signed one that is worse... Henry would reverse that trend, but I don't think there's any information suggesting he's better than, say, Elliott was
Heard he took on JT at Cowboys and lost the senior playing group, in comes Green and they win a premiership.

Bastard of a thing is Des will more likely head to Gold coast than Auckland if he gets the boot.

Bellamy is still a clear number 1 pick.

TheDMC

Bench
I am a bit all over the place with my opinions on what to do with the warriors coaching position.

-On one hand I don't rate Kearney much at all from what I have seen
on the other he has inherited a mess and should be given time
-but we need a really good coach to get things sorted (as part of the solution!)
-only Bellamy is a top notch coach with a blemish free record - even the other two supercoaches, Hasler and Bennett, have both recently had disasters (Doggies and Newcastle) so its not like there are heaps of amazing failproof coaches about.

If Des is available we surely must go for him.

If not, in the absence of any high quality coaches available, I guess we just have to give Kearney time. And hope that, even in the absence of winning consistently, he at least rebuilds our roster and instills a much better culture and attitude with the playing group that lays a solid platform for the future.

As much as I am not a fan of Kearney, replacing him with someone who may well be yet another flop is the worst move the club can make.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yeah, we may as well keep the same chump if there's no one with a proven better record - and when I mean proven, I mean winning finals games if not GFs.

I'd have Maguire if/when Souths can him. Hasler? I wouldn't. Too synonymous with issues with upper management. Don't know if his grinding style would work here either, the Dogs have been putrid this season. He'd really need time here and I don't think results-wise our fans or any other stake holder would allow it. Henry? No. Unproven.

JJ

Immortal
Yeah, we may as well keep the same chump if there's no one with a proven better record - and when I mean proven, I mean winning finals games if not GFs.

I'd have Maguire if/when Souths can him. Hasler? I wouldn't. Too synonymous with issues with upper management. Don't know if his grinding style would work here either, the Dogs have been putrid this season. He'd really need time here and I don't think results-wise our fans or any other stake holder would allow it. Henry? No. Unproven.

Literally everyone has a better proven track record!

Just do a Reality Show "The next best Coach" and the winner gets to coach this shit group of players who always find spectacular ways of losing.

Latest posts