What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nein promoting other codes

1st & 10

Juniors
Nine simply show their discontent for rugby league by having Fittler and jones as commentators . Subtitles are needed to understand them . They are too close to the players , thus will not constructively criticise players when required .

Then you have Locky who makes Rocky Balboa sound like an intellect

Jobs for the boys

Diesel

Referee
What's with channel 9 showing Telstra ads advertising AFL during the NRL, surely they should at least be advertising the NRL app... I guess that's taking eyes away from the 9 broadcast

aads

Juniors
Lots of AFL advertising constantly thru Telstra streaming ad - trying to catch a new market

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
wish the ads were more to the mark though

league "catch every try, every break, every tackle"

union "catch every try, every stoppage, every tackle"

afl "catch every miss, every fumble, every pileup"

Regrettably the situation is not going to change. I dare say if Channel 9 said refused to take advertising from certain organisations during the time set aside to telecast the NRL, said organisation would more than likely considering suing Nine under trade practices legislation. We may not like it, but I doubt legally there is anything that can be done in relation to this.

Covering "other codes" during their NRL themed shows though (e.g. Interviewing sports stars from other codes on the NRL Footy Show)? That is a different kettle of fish.