What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nene McDonald

Dragons 09

Juniors
That edge defense is the teams only real negative at the moment, hope they fix it before we run into the Storm or Raiders.....those teams will do an Eels on us.

Nene seems to be copping the flack but Aitken is as much to blame if not more, his reads are amateurish. Not sure if Milne's involvement was just the standard 10 minutes of game time or whether Aitken got hooked........Mary must be just about at the end of his tether with him about his defensive reads.

Mann is the Man, we have to find a starting spot for him when Duges returns........and sign him up for 2 years FFS.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
As I've written on Facebook multiple times, MacDonald is a 'poor man's' Eto Nabuli.

Absolutely horrible in defence, Manly's brace of tries yesterday are attributable to his lack of possessing the basics of the game.

Mann has heart, MacDonald doesn't have one. It's a harsh assessment but it's also very true.

My only concern with Mann on the wing is that I believe he needs as much of the ball as possible.

As others have indicated, Aitken should be persisted with as he is a powerful runner in open space. It's weird how his defence has depreciated because it used to be a major facet of his game.

1. Dugan (when fit)
2. Mann
3, Aitken
4. Lafai
5. Nightingale

OLD FART DRAGON

Juniors
Yes I agree Mann has to be there,but although Jason played really well we need him on the wing,and Mann would make a great fullback,he's more confident now, nene to reserves ,also lafai is a showing how good he really is,he plays with power and skill,and is the form centre in the nrl,Aitken is great in attack ,but he needs to tighten his defence, maybe it's time to give Milne a run at centre,,,

Minh

First Grade
The thing about Nene was that I was really excited about his signing but he hasn't shown anything special at all really, just big and good for a couple of hit ups....I hope he improves or else we have Mann who we know wont let us down...

mobels

Juniors
He's been absolutely soft in defense, that effort on Tafua in the first try was pathetic.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Yes I agree Mann has to be there,but although Jason played really well we need him on the wing,and Mann would make a great fullback,he's more confident now, nene to reserves ,also lafai is a showing how good he really is,he plays with power and skill,and is the form centre in the nrl,Aitken is great in attack ,but he needs to tighten his defence, maybe it's time to give Milne a run at centre,,,

I like Milne. But you would seriously consider dropping a 21 year old beast who has speed, footwork and ridiculous strength -after he has scored a strong double in a huge win, in a game in which we were the underdogs?

Aitken is still a kid. His defensive reads will improve.

hazzbeen

Bench
The thing about Nene was that I was really excited about his signing but he hasn't shown anything special at all really, just big and good for a couple of hit ups....I hope he improves or else we have Mann who we know wont let us down...
Minh this has been the problem with us since Mary has been coaching , why wait , are we waiting to loose games . Most know as you say ( he wont let us down ) . There really seems that there is no real urgency in Nene game so I hope Mary has learnt from his past ....

st.phil

Bench
Really harsh thread...agree that Mann should move in front of him but he has upside and is just down on form and confidence. Still think he is a centre rather than a winger

mickeylane

Bench
Th
I hope Mann is marking rapana when we play the raiders otherwise it could get ugly
The Raiders and potentially the Roosters are the only teams i dont think we can cover irrespective who we have playing ...especially the Raiders they have the forwards to match us and the backs to smash us..they score 30 points a game for fun...

Batman251

Juniors
MacDonald and Aiken are the weak links in the backline, both of them cannot be there. For me, MacDonald hasn't performed all that well and is the one that shouldn't be there at the moment.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Th

The Raiders and potentially the Roosters are the only teams i dont think we can cover irrespective who we have playing ...especially the Raiders they have the forwards to match us and the backs to smash us..they score 30 points a game for fun...

Its all about the forwards mate.

BennyV

Referee
Th

IMO, the Storm are more dangerous than the Roosters. Agree RE: Raiders though.

ALSGI

Bench
In fairness, Nene hasn't had any quality ball and the kicks to his flank haven't been great either but he has atleast got to a few and kept them alive. Not sure Mann and Nighty would have even got to some of the the shit kicks he's chased.
Defencively problematic but so is Aitken.
Defence needs to be addressed now or reggies.
I'd like to see him get some better ball and decent kicks before passing judgement.

Latest posts