What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nene McDonald

Belta

Juniors
Tough decision but from what we've seen I'm tipping Mann will be either be dropped or used as a utility from the bench and nighty will play wing, this will be the least disruption to the winning side.

I'm finding it harder to criticise Mary's selection process as he has proven many of us wrong, myself included (as much as I hate to admit it).

I really like the Lafai - Mann combination, prior to Lafai crossing for those two tries and also setting up Mann, there were a couple of earlier chances where had Lafai flicked it out to Mann he would also have scored. I do admit though the Cowboys defense out wide did appear to be a rabble at times.
IMO it would also be tough to drop MacDonald, not that he has been faultless but he does do some great things, his runs are a real bonus at times, the try he scored was very skilful and not many others would have scored that try, he saved a certain try also with his big Albatros wing.

Some tough calls whoever misses out will be unlucky, personally I'd have Aitken off the bench as a utility, Mann and Lafai as the centres

dragonssamy61

First Grade
The Roosters and Storm have not impressed me in recent weeks, but they will exploit that right hand side defence much better than teams we've faced to date.

I've enjoyed Flo's stint at FB and how he chimes in attack, but Duges will be back to FB.

So Aitken or Nene? Neither really deserves to be dropped, but the defensive lapses on the right I feel are more on Aitken (his racing up is either panic or poorly executed defensive structure). However, he is a dynamic runner and more effective in attack ATM.

With D to be the focus, I'd push Nene in and put Flo on the right wing to sure things up. Leave Mann and Lafai on the left as they are going strong in both A and D.

Agree
Last night Nene saved 2 tries as well.
Last night the weakness was Euan.

giboz71

First Grade
Duges to right centre, Nighty stays at FB, Mann stay at left wing. Aitken in reggies till he fixes his defence.

Our backline flows better with Nighty at FB, Mann and Lafai have formed a great combination on the left, so why break it? And Duges can fill that defensive hole that Aitken leaves and can provide better attack. He's the incumbent Test centre after all.

Win, win, win.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
McDonald is average. Good at running from dummy half but that's about it. Us suspect under the high ball which is what wingers need to be good at. His try yesterday surprised me. I hope he proves me wrong.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Looks like hes keen to stay and looking at his words he mag have extended his contract already

Source NRL.com......can someone post the link please

SaintPauli

Juniors
Nene is the best of the club's wingers.
Lomax should get the immediate other wing or centre. Jordon P as winger is still unproven in First Grade and we'll see his crudentials prior seasons end.
Otherwise we really need a rep. Winger in the team.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
McDonald is average. Good at running from dummy half but that's about it. Us suspect under the high ball which is what wingers need to be good at. His try yesterday surprised me. I hope he proves me wrong.

Yeah, that's because he's just heard Bennett is staying Broncos and McGregor will play him every week whether he performs or not.

Why wouldn't he stay.

I still can't get over him smiling as he was walking off last week.
That in itself deserved a week in the lower leagues.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Yeah, that's because he's just heard Bennett is staying Broncos and McGregor will play him every week whether he performs or not.

Why wouldn't he stay.

I still can't get over him smiling as he was walking off last week.
That in itself deserved a week in the lower leagues.
And 30 days in The Cooler at Stalag 13.
He's the mother-in-law you're stuck with

Bench
I think Jordan P will be better then Nene, he takes the ball up with more aggression, early days but it’s a work in progress.
I would be happy with both them as wingers for the time being

Latest posts