What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nene

Now this bloke can pull offf some freakish put downs.
Live last night I was convinced that was no try.
So Cudos for that.
He does his part in taking the ball back to give the forwards a break.
So Cudos for that.

However, is it just me that screams at the screen during his kick returns “just run hard you muppet”?

All the Storm returns were done at speed, with Nenes size he should be hitting the line at full tilt and getting the team on the front foot, he doesn’t, it appears he’s not a fan of heavy contact.

hazzbeen

Bench
So Cudos for that.
So Cudos for that.

However, is it just me that screams at the screen during his kick returns “just run hard you muppet”?

All the Storm returns were done at speed, with Nenes size he should be hitting the line at full tilt and getting the team on the front foot, he doesn’t, it appears he’s not a fan of heavy contact.
Exactly this , we both must be screaming at him .......

Dragsters

First Grade
Same.

His positioning at times is frustrating also. Tends to be found flat-footed a fair bit.

Having said that he is improving this season.

Last year he did my head in...

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Same here, im always screaming at the tv for him to run it back straight and not go sideways. He loses so much ground and momentum doing it. Radradra was an absolute beast in making kick return metres, among other things.
Wingers should be trying to replicate his returns.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Guy is the size of a second rower with the speed of a winger..

Should be using that to our advantage in the backs..

Meanwhile last night in the forwards we had nightingale, who is the size of a winger with the speed of a second rower

Gareth67

First Grade
Infuriating it is , i have also said the same , by gad the size of the man if only there was someone that could teach him to use it . He timid running style reminds me ever so much of Scott Gourley the big rangy 2 nd row forward who also ran without much heart . As i said infuriating to say the least .

Last edited:

The Damo

Juniors
The man could use his size and power more, no doubt. But that footwork is exceptional for a 110kg guy. And it works pretty well;
164 runs over 8m vs 82 under 8m
55 tackle breaks
19 offloads
Averages 140m per game.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see him dial up the aggression in his runs, but he’s a very good winger to have, he takes dirty carries out of our end better than anyone not named Ferguson or Oates or Mansour.
And his footwork and hands when finishing a try is magic.

Drag Queen

Bench
The man could use his size and power more, no doubt. But that footwork is exceptional for a 110kg guy. And it works pretty well;
164 runs over 8m vs 82 under 8m
55 tackle breaks
19 offloads
Averages 140m per game.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see him dial up the aggression in his runs, but he’s a very good winger to have, he takes dirty carries out of our end better than anyone not named Ferguson or Oates or Mansour.
And his footwork and hands when finishing a try is magic.
That try was so magical that Gould wanted to re-watch it four times. Good work Nene.

nontime111

Juniors
So Cudos for that.
So Cudos for that.

Oh I think about this constantly.... I honestly just think he does what he does like no other...he is a finisher and a Ferrari at that! he does the one job and he does it well.....getting over the line, turning most times he gets the ball near the line into 4 points....Id rather we have this kind of winger than just a mungrel grunt, weve had plenty of them int he past and they couldnt do half of what mighty NENE does I LOVE the guy! to me he can plod downfield all he likes, he may not smash into the defence but he rarely gets turned back losing ground....an utterly essential part of our team part of the magic....its a combination that will take us far!

Mark D

Juniors
The only thing I like about his game is he can finish off a move ... but defensively poor, every time a kick goes his way I hold my breath as he has terrible hands and I just wish he would run harder at the line.. he would have a good 20 kilos on Mann and Mann runs with far more ferocity..

Dragons22

Juniors
I’m much more impressed with his 2018 form to his 2017 form. Nene was pretty average last year to be honest. His put-downs this year have been outstanding.

ouryears

Bench
The only thing I like about his game is he can finish off a move ... but defensively poor, every time a kick goes his way I hold my breath as he has terrible hands and I just wish he would run harder at the line.. he would have a good 20 kilos on Mann and Mann runs with far more ferocity..
Exactly what you say mark d.
Yes he can finish a try, but his timid running is poor enough for many to say goodbye
To win against the best we need a far more aggressive winger.

blacksafake

First Grade
Oh I think about this constantly.... I honestly just think he does what he does like no other...he is a finisher and a Ferrari at that! he does the one job and he does it well.....getting over the line, turning most times he gets the ball near the line into 4 points....Id rather we have this kind of winger than just a mungrel grunt, weve had plenty of them int he past and they couldnt do half of what mighty NENE does I LOVE the guy! to me he can plod downfield all he likes, he may not smash into the defence but he rarely gets turned back losing ground....an utterly essential part of our team part of the magic....its a combination that will take us far!
This