What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Award for 2011 / 12?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok, just to avoid Jesbass getting any ideas about his ability with a pair of a tweezers, I think that the debate should also include "why not include rep games and the Willow Cup?"

Frankly, if the community is going to reward players then I'm all for consistency being recognised but now that we have SoO, Anzac, Willow Cup and 4 Nations, there are nearly as many games at rep level as there are domestics, however rep games are largely not recognised in the stats stakes.

Should we then be looking at the rep awards more closely?
I'm a fan of this too!:cool:

Jesbass

First Grade
Ok, just to avoid Jesbass getting any ideas about his ability with a pair of a tweezers, I think that the debate should also include "why not include rep games and the Willow Cup?"

Frankly, if the community is going to reward players then I'm all for consistency being recognised but now that we have SoO, Anzac, Willow Cup and 4 Nations, there are nearly as many games at rep level as there are domestics, however rep games are largely not recognised in the stats stakes.

Should we then be looking at the rep awards more closely?

We've already got an award for rep players, but the Willow Cup is an option. (That also means some players have the opportunity to play more matches than others, though.)

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I was trying to come up with a compromised version of aggrgeate and average.

Hows about an average for players who played at least 75% of the possible games for the year?

you're singling out the players who have highest aggregates and play the majority of the games.

Would that work?

Just something to reward people who have a punt each week, do well, and have the ability to back up every game. Y'know, encourage them.

I'm all for awards to encourage people to play and show we recognise their efforts.