What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Coach

Smurf

Juniors
i have been following the dragons since 1975.
And the last two weeks have utterly gutted me.
Ie the last straw.
We certainly have some top NRL players . Fritz , JDB , Vaughan etc
Solid players , Leeson , Simms , Thompson etc
Goalkeeper , special player Gareth
Great up and coming players Mann, Host Duffy etc
I am sure with the right coach we would of won both of these games ( and a couple of more ).
Win these games and we are definitely top 8 and probably top 4.
The NRL is so close, and a top class coach is paramount to success.
Look at our success under Bath, Bennett and even Smith and Waite. Even Browny.
Then look at our lack of success under Young , Price and McGregor.
The Board needs to take some accountability and employ a top coach , first and foremost.
Until that happens , myself and all the dragons supporters will ride a roller coaster which will often dissapoint us..

I love you my Dragons , but as they say , if nothing changes then nothing changes.

Gutted , just gutted , but having said that , I will be cheering and watching the next Dragons game.

Mr Red

First Grade
Honestly though mid table is where we should be. I think our unexpected great start to the season helped mask some glaring deficiencies , and now those deficiencies are there for all to see as expected we are sitting on the table where we should have been all season.
Most predicted 8th to 12th so can't be too dissapointed...
Rubbish coach, rubbish half, slow backline, poor tactics ......

Life's Good

Coach
Honestly though mid table is where we should be. I think our unexpected great start to the season helped mask some glaring deficiencies , and now those deficiencies are there for all to see as expected we are sitting on the table where we should have been all season.
Most predicted 8th to 12th so can't be too dissapointed...
Rubbish coach, rubbish half, slow backline, poor tactics ......
Which is the perfect reason to punt Mary. He has reached the limit of his 'cough' capabilities 'cough'.

Gareth67

First Grade
I use to enjoy the off season to some extent , mainly as it ( time ) soften the lows of a bad year , but more so as the news on just who the Dragons could possibly be signing .

But it really does not matter who comes to the Joint Venture over the next 2 years , as that maniac Mary McGregor will surely take away whatever ability he may have and for that matter spirit .

Saddens me to say , but the Dragons are now truly a dead-end club and shall continue to be until the board and coach are gone for good .

thebigredv

First Grade
I use to enjoy the off season to some extent , mainly as it ( time ) soften the lows of a bad year , but more so as the news on just who the Dragons could possibly be signing .

But it really does not matter who comes to the Joint Venture over the next 2 years , as that maniac Mary McGregor will surely take away whatever ability he may have and for that matter spirit .

Saddens me to say , but the Dragons are now truly a dead-end club and shall continue to be until the board and coach are gone for good .

So true mate, so true.

There's nothing to like about this club but for a few decent players, and on nights like this that's just not enough to feel anything but downcast. The last 7 years have been painful to say the least but it only feels like we might be just as long away from something resembling a competitive team. This used to be a given in eras gone by. So sad.

Life's Good

Coach
Your comment LG, pretty much sums up McGregor ........... he has reach his limit.
Nothing more to say.
Mate, I posted elsewhere that I see the emergence of Dufty & signing of Hunt as bandaids. We really are broken on and off the field(debt, RGRV is a debacle if you look at the SCG tonight). The answers are there but no one is asking the questions(apart from the supporters).

Mate, I posted elsewhere that I see the emergence of Dufty & signing of Hunt as bandaids. We really are broken on and off the field(debt, RGRV is a debacle if you look at the SCG tonight). The answers are there but no one is asking the questions(apart from the supporters).

Oh, it wasn't all bad tonight, they had a pass the ball into a pop up tent where my boys won a pack of 10 cent crayons.
That's pre game entertainment right there.

Why would we boycott a game?
Just turn up and enjoy the game with no pressure.We are gone this season and only the true would believe that we had a chance in the first place.
I think where we have finished and will finish is where we should be.
Thats the attitude the club has and its a bullshit one.

If the players buy into that sort of shit no wonder they play like they don't give a stuff and are happy to get a pay cheque they haven't rightfully earned.

Has the club become the new Illawarra steelers happy to just be in the comp.

Fans have a right to expect more from a once proud club now they look like a bunch of losers who don't care.

Latest posts