What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New coach

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Don't think Madge is the answer .but he's certainly no worse than the incumbent personally I'd love to get Jason D back from the donkeys I'm sure he would be like a breath of fresh air .but I can't see doust doing that it's like he's admitting he should not have let him go

I agree JD want come back.
He being groomed to take over from creeping Bennett.
The one advantage with madge would be he dosn't put up with any shite from anyone.
But I dout he would be approched

ozbuck

Juniors
A sacked coach who has had a worse last two seasons than Mary?

See, this is the thing. A coach does NOT win a premiership...there are so many facets to a successful season. A lot of it is having the right team and the right culture.

Mary has had a top 7 to top 10 team the last two seasons. Results have showed accordingly. Next year we'll have a top 6 side.

We over achieved the first part of this year. The last part of the year we under achieved. Just missing the 8 was near enough of where we deserved to be TBH.

So a premiership winning coach from just 3 years ago gets sacked from the same club today. It shows there's a lot of different ingredients that go into a successful or unsuccessful season... A coach is just one of many.

Our stats this season are high quality... The amount of games we won was about what most predicted (even more games won than predicted).

I think next year we'll be in the top 5. A lot of different things will have shifted. Getting rid of Mary won't solve anhthing.

See, this is the thing. A coach does NOT win a premiership...there are so many facets to a successful season. A lot of it is having the right team and the right culture.

Mary has had a top 7 to top 10 team the last two seasons. Results have showed accordingly. Next year we'll have a top 6 side.

We over achieved the first part of this year. The last part of the year we under achieved. Just missing the 8 was near enough of where we deserved to be TBH.

So a premiership winning coach from just 3 years ago gets sacked from the same club today. It shows there's a lot of different ingredients that go into a successful or unsuccessful season... A coach is just one of many.

Our stats this season are high quality... The amount of games we won was about what most predicted (even more games won than predicted).

I think next year we'll be in the top 5. A lot of different things will have shifted. Getting rid of Mary won't solve anhthing.

He's had 3 1/2 years to get it right and we are still in the same position, that's long enough.
Souths haven't put up with two years of mediocrity and sacked thier premiership winning coach.

HenryTatana

Juniors
Don't think Madge is the answer .but he's certainly no worse than the incumbent personally I'd love to get Jason D back from the donkeys I'm sure he would be like a breath of fresh air .but I can't see doust doing that it's like he's admitting he should not have let him go
Well he did try to get Wayne back

Frank Facer

First Grade
Should we make a big play for Hasler if he gets sacked from Canterbury this week?

Should we get JD from Brisbane?

Or should we wait until next year and make a big play for Bellamy? or if we miss out on Bellamy, should we go for Brownie?

They are the 4 that would be on my list.

Mary has to go.

Last edited:

Country Dragon

Juniors
Should we make a big play for Hasler if he gets sacked from Canterbury this week?

Should be get JD from Brisbane?

Or should we wait until next year and make a big play for Bellamy? or if we miss out on Bellamy, should we go for Brownie?

They are the 4 that would be on my list.

Mary has to go.
Any of the options above are a vast improvement over the total shitbag of a coach we have at the moment!

grouch

First Grade

Drivel.

Maxwell

Juniors
Garth Brennan from Penrith , won't go to Titans because his wife has a successful Legal practice in Newcastle. Who else has retired from Dragons in last couple years who could be come coach. UMMMMM I know make Michael Weyman head coach , ahhhhhh Oh bring back Lance Thompson he can help slap a few blokes on the side line . He seen how that was done. There are problem solved . If we win the charity shield sign them for 6 years each .

Latest posts