New Coach

Discussion in 'Cricket' started by AlwaysGreen, Mar 30, 2018.

1. AlwaysGreen

AlwaysGreen Referee

With baldy boof gone it's time to install a new coach. Front runner is obviously Justin 'JL' Langer.

Ponting and Gillespie also in the mix. May I also put forward Mr Ricky Stuart, a nuggety former medium fast bowler who has had major success as a coach.

JJ, Iafeta and Haynetrain like this.
  2. AlwaysGreen

AlwaysGreen Referee

I can envisage JL's team now as he brings in a new era.

Michael Klinger
    Ashton Turner
    Mitchell Marsh (c)
    Shaun Marsh
    Hilton Cartwright
    Austin Waugh
    Tim Winton
    The Chick who plays bass for Jebediah
    Ashton Agar
    AJ Tye
    Jhye Richardson

Matt23, Meapro Ham, _snafu_ and 2 others like this.
  3. Haynetrain

Haynetrain Coach

Justin Langer looks like a small man syndrome donkey like David Warner,i reckon Jason Gillespie is the only option

Iafeta likes this.
  4. Twizzle

Twizzle Administrator Staff Member

Darren Lehmann quits as coach of the Australian cricket team

Lehmann said that during his five years in charge of the Australian team he was most proud of how the cricket fraternity pulled together after the death of Phillip Hughes in 2014. He struggled to contain his emotions as he spoke of Hughes.

"We're only playing a game, that's all we're playing," he said. "We lost a great young man and the way we tried to deal with that is probably my proudest moment as coach. You win games, you lose games."

Lehmann said the reaction to the team's admission of cheating in Cape Town had been "unbelievable".

"Watching the two young men face the media - and I'm sure David will be the same - it's been unbelievable. Hopefully the game gets back to the game of cricket," he said.

"Everyone has their views out there, but they made a mistake and we need to get the game back on track.

Darren Lehmann said his proudest moment as a coach was helping the cricket fraternity to come together after the death of Phillip Hughes.

Photo: AP
    "It is a game that we love and enjoy. Shit, I've had a great time coaching and coaching the Australian cricket team is a real high.

"For me I'm looking forward to having some time off. I'd like to stay involved in the game because I love it so much."

Sutherland paid tribute to Lehmann.

"He provided fantastic service but he’s also been a part of a very successful team that has achieved a lot in his time as coach," Sutherland said.

"They won a World Cup in 2015, a couple of winning Ashes series and then at various times during the course of his tenure the team in various formats has gone to No.1 in the world.

"I have seen first hand the pride in which he has gone about his work, the love he has for the job, his incredible work ethic. I think one of the things that really strikes me about Darren and his character as a coach is the way he genuinely cares for and loves his players. I have huge regard and respect for the way he has gone about his job over the time he has been coach of the Australian men’s team."

Justin Langer is considered the favourite to land the job as Lehmann's successor although the appointment of a new head coach may be some way down the track.

“We don’t play any international cricket for a few months now. It’s not until I think June the team is due in England [for limited-overs matches]," Sutherland said.

"We’ve got plenty of time to work through that. I know there is a lot of talent in the coaching ranks back in Australia but also we will reflect on the fact that amongst international cricket there are a lot of Australian coaches that are performing very well."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricke...-australian-cricket-team-20180329-p4z712.html

5. Fangs

Fangs Juniors

No room for Joel Paris?

AlwaysGreen and Iafeta like this.
  6. Fangs

Fangs Juniors

It will be Langer. I'd be in favour of Dizzy if it wasn't already a done deal.

7. Twizzle

who said it was a done deal ?

Dizzy for mine

8. AlwaysGreen

AlwaysGreen Referee

Forgot about him - he can come in for Hilton Cartwright who's name is very un Western Australian.

9. Fangs

Fangs Juniors

News Ltd journalist and cricket tragic, Fangs.

10. Twizzle

so in other words its just speculation

11. Haynetrain

Haynetrain Coach

We won't be winning anything with a angry lil man as coach,i guess youse at least can look forward to me bagging this team for another 10 years

12. umina panther

umina panther Coach

If we could jag Steve Waugh for even 12 months it would great

13. Fangs

Fangs Juniors

Well if that's the criteria I insist that Marcus North is included in their calculations.

14. Fangs

Fangs Juniors

I've gotten everything else right. Granted Clarke as captain is a longshot but JL is a lock.

15. AlwaysGreen

AlwaysGreen Referee

Who'd you like? Amélie Mauresmo?

Haynetrain likes this.
  16. Haynetrain

Haynetrain Coach

Monica Seles so she can stab them in the back like David Warner

AlwaysGreen likes this.
  17. JJ

JJ Referee

The boys are hurting so Stuart would be a great fit

Geoff Marsh might revisit the role?

18. Bazal

Bazal Post Whore

Tugga doesn't want anything to do with coaching...he puts nearly all his energy into his charities these days.

I hope they have a full and open process, Dizzy for mine is the best candidate and not a CA stooge (seemingly)...sadly JL is a CA stooge and will probably get the gig. I reckon he can coach, he's just too busy licking bums

19. Timbo

Timbo Moderator Staff Member

You know, Ricky Stuart is really good on the first re-build. He's probably the hero we need right now. He knows - there are eleven guys in the sheds hurtin' right now. And he'll be expecting a call from Dave Richardson about the LBW that wasn't overturned.

20. hineyrulz

hineyrulz Post Whore

And he’ll get more Texta’s than we’ll make runs.