What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Forum Layout - Feedback

guyver78

Juniors
What has happened to this vBulletin? This upgrade is a phenomonal improvement and huge thanks must go to all those involved in implementing such a massive procedure in such short time and on such generous terms.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not vBulletin anymore, it's all Xenforo.

What don't you like?

Uncle Kraka

Juniors
Couldn't see a dedicated thread for it so going to hijack this one. The new forum layout is terrible on mobile. Everything is jammed down the middle and seems so cramped

Timmah

Staff member
Mobile version is still being refined. Day one priority was getting desktop working properly. Still plenty of bits and pieces to come.

Timmah

Staff member
Just cropped this out of the Crowd Watch thread folks - any (genuine) feedback / constructive criticism / bugs you notice - pop them in here.

Cheers!

Timmah

Staff member
Also - each NRL club, both Origin states, AUS ENG and NZ as well as a couple of NSWRL lower grade clubs have avatars in the avatar gallery when you go to change it in your personal details.

Danish

Referee
I don't mind it. Look and fee will grow on all I'm sure.

My only suggestions:

- can no longer choose a higher post per page count, instead it's set to 20. Can this option be added back in? I'm sure I'm not the only one who preferred the 50 post per page option

- old format had thread titles bolded for new posts, now all thread titles are bold making it difficult to see what thread has new content since you last checked in

- on main page of the forum, you used to see the thread title of the last thread posted in for each forum section. Doesn't appear to show this anymore, need to click through.

Other than that I think it all looks pretty cool

TooheysNew

Coach
I don't mind it. Look and fee will grow on all I'm sure.

My only suggestions:

- can no longer choose a higher post per page count, instead it's set to 20. Can this option be added back in? I'm sure I'm not the only one who preferred the 50 post per page option

- old format had thread titles bolded for new posts, now all thread titles are bold making it difficult to see what thread has new content since you last checked in

- on main page of the forum, you used to see the thread title of the last thread posted in for each forum section. Doesn't appear to show this anymore, need to click through.

Other than that I think it all looks pretty cool
Cheers for the feedback mate. Much appreciated. All of the above are on the list and will be addressed as soon as possible.

Timmah

Staff member
Good feedback Danish. I'll attempt to answer what I can, but Coby's working on all of it still as we speak.
Totally agree and a few have noted this. Definitely on the agenda
I believe the bold / not bold has been replaced with a green dot (similar looking to the online green dot in facebook)
Not sure if I'm grasping what you mean here but I think the level of detail there depends on which device / browser you're using. I.e. on the desktop it should be fine as per the attached screenshot, but on smaller screens i.e. phone, that info is cut out.

Attachments

• LUDanish.PNG
    LUDanish.PNG
    18.4 KB · Views: 3

Danish

Referee
Thanks Coby and Timmah.

I can see the green dot now, I'm sure that will become just as noticiable after a few days.

I'll jump on the laptop and see if the detail thing changes. I think my iPad has the same stuff missing but I'll play around with it

:edit: can see the details for last poster on my iPad/laptop, so all good

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
As part of the testing, any posts by people whinging or simply saying it's shit will be deleted.

Opening post edited as part of the testing.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Can those without an avatar just have the username and not have a blank pic with it like before. Otherwise looks good.

Rabbits20

Immortal
As part of the testing, any posts by people whinging or simply saying it's shit will be deleted.

Opening post edited as part of the testing.
Being able to rate threads would be good.

Used to be able to give it anywhere between a 1-5 star rating.

Only a small thing that is though.

I'm starting to get used to it a bit already.

Thanks to Timmah again who has been great with any questions.

Bronxnation

Juniors
I like the design and feel of it.(colours, fonts, ect)
As stated above the mobile version is pretty poor but as you say that is being worked on
I think what Danish was talking about is right.
For example when you see "game day spoilers"
It's just that, on the previous version it would have the most recent post in slightly smaller font below it if my memory serves me correct. But all in all love it. Just needs some minor tweak.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like the design and feel of it.(colours, fonts, ect)
As stated above the mobile version is pretty poor but as you say that is being worked on
I think what Danish was talking about is right.
For example when you see "game day spoilers"
It's just that, on the previous version it would have the most recent post in slightly smaller font below it if my memory serves me correct. But all in all love it. Just needs some minor tweak.
Some of this is already being worked on.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
one small thing.. it doesn't seem to register when a post is edited if someone goes back to change what they've said..

TheFrog

Coach
I'm happy. I had some pretty nasty problems with the old software, it used to freeze up on Firefox, so I moved to Edge just for this site, that was better but sometimes it would stop responding when I was posting so characters would be missing. This software seems to work fine, although I did have issues logging in the first time but all is good now.

Rabbits20

Immortal
one small thing.. it doesn't seem to register when a post is edited if someone goes back to change what they've said..
Yeah it's been doing that for me too where it's been playing up.

If you edit it 2-3 times it does work.

Latest posts