What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Forum Layout - Feedback

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hello guys

I posted a link to reddit in 4c just to illustrate something and it autoposted it. Now its not a big deal in 4c because we have the warning sign saying oh things here might be a little too close to the bone but it did contain some swears and racist terms that would otherwise be picked up by the word filter. Is there anyway of stopping "media" files like twitter, reddit etc from automatically posting and being listed as a link instead.

Its not a problem as its source will be from Reddit and the word filter will kick in automatically. Other forums it may not be we will deal with that if and when it becomes an issue but for 4C its fine.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if anyone else has this problem but when I post in a gameday thread, it appears close to my last message; with all the other messages in between not appearing.

I have to refresh the page for the others to appear.

For example, if I post at 9pm and then again at 9.10pm, my new post will appear just below or close to below my 9pm post; omitting all the ones from other users between that time.

And when I refresh they all appear. It happens all the time. Perhaps it's just my phone.

Its supposed to do that Tommy and you may also miss the little message that says there are more posts to view and you have an option to view them if you click on it.

Also if you just ignore it and keep browsing it takes you to the next unread posts and your post will also appear as the last post of that thread if you keep browsing.

Its just a matter of getting used to it and I think it a pretty good feature.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Its not a problem as its source will be from Reddit and the word filter will kick in automatically. Other forums it may not be we will deal with that if and when it becomes an issue but for 4C its fine.
Inclined to agree with Twiz here. The benefits of autoposting media - tweets in particular which can often, when coming from an official source, be the most efficient way of a message coming across - certainly outweigh the drawbacks, IMO.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
With Reddit it will obviously depend on the content as Reddit is not moderated as LU is.

If there is a content breach it will be moderated accordingly.

ek999

First Grade
Tweets don't load on my phone. Instead I get the following and have to open the tweet in a new tab to view it

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    262.8 KB · Views: 5

GW.

Juniors
GW here,
i dont know if its been mentioned before, but ill list some of my observations and gripes.

Positive:
Alerts. Very good innovation. i used to hate scrolling through forgetting what i commented on.
iphone vibility- its smooth to scroll through and fits the screen perfect

improvements:
the page numbers/quantity is only observable when you hover over it. Otherwise you dont know how many pages or replies a thread has, fix this please.

sign in option. mainly on the phone i notice its difficult to log in, just not use friendly and not visible.

post history. Cant find posts pre update?

font: mayb im alone here but the blocky font i dont think is that great.

Arnold

Juniors
Am I the only one having trouble using the site in IPhone recently?

The problem is each thread can't be click instead the whole page flashes. Only scrolling works unless I turn phone off and back on.

Rabbit toes

First Grade

The problem is each thread can't be click instead the whole page flashes. Only scrolling works unless I turn phone off and back on.
I had the same issue with iphone and lg g4.

thorson1987

Coach

Same issue yesterday on my galaxy.

Seems to be working fine now though.

shaggs

Coach
Still issues on iPhone. I have to refresh a few times before I can sign in at that too, and if I try to sign in at bottom it opens a pop up ad.

As for the scrolling issues, I need to refresh a few times before I. Can type anything .

Saint Doc

Coach
Had the same issue on iPhone 5s yesterday. 80% of the time couldn't click links, whole page would flash. Just had to keep refreshing. Tried safari and chrome. Seems ok today

Latest posts