What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Haven Warriors

BatiFan

Juniors
Has anyone heard anything more about this team? Would be interested to know some of the more experienced players from the AMNRL that have joined this team? Also, are they a union team or totally new and independant as a league club?

Tomahawk

Staff member
I have herd this is the new team that the Kewi's from the Raiders have formed. Someone up north may know more.

lloydy

Juniors
heard a coulple of interesting rumors and have some (semi) confirmed news about the northern conference.

The Northern Raiders, who were run by Ben Kelly, had a strong connection with The New Haven union side. Those ties were apparantly broken so a few people in the New Haven area decided to carry on the team but with a new name. Blair Wards and Adam Haman, a couple of Kiwis are now running this team, hence the name Warriors.

The Raiders, this is uncofirmed, I hear are heading about 80 miles north of NYC, and will be run by Joel Venebles an ex Wildcat. Anything else I'll let you know.

Lantana

Juniors
Well done Blair....

Was the split amicable??? OR do we have a bona fide derby for the AMNRL.

you know..two teams that will hate each on the field....but be able to have a beer together after the game.

deluded pom?

Coach
In this month's issue of the U.K. magazine Rugby League World is a brief mention of the three new teams that are joining the AMNRL and a picture of the Warriors at what looks like their launch day . I really like the look of the Warriors shirt which consists of a navy blue body with a broad white chevron topped by a narrow green chevron .