What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Middle Earth TV Series

saint.nick

Coach
http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...s/news-story/4d67d68336b5bd93399525c5f459d909

I'd properly embed the article into here but I actually don't know how to do that.

I saw in another article that Amazon have bought the rights for around $250M, which is huge. This is very surprising, the Tolkein Estate are very spiteful and seemed to regret selling the separate LOTR rights, and they only just settled a $100M lawsuit with NewLine over 'inappropriate' merchandising.

Springs09

Juniors
The Estate apparently sought out bidders. Hopefully it means they are involved and we get a faithful series, not fan fiction like The Hobbit movies or the Shadow of Mordor games.

saint.nick

Coach
The Estate apparently sought out bidders. Hopefully it means they are involved and we get a faithful series, not fan fiction like The Hobbit movies or the Shadow of Mordor games.
Yeah that's why it's surprising, the Tolkein Estate have done something that no one expected them to do and thought 'f**k it, that selfish Christopher is almost on his death bed anyway lets cash the f**k in'.

Springs09

Juniors
Yeah that's why it's surprising, the Tolkein Estate have done something that no one expected them to do and thought 'f**k it, that selfish Christopher is almost on his death bed anyway lets cash the f**k in'.

Yeah I'm not going to agree with rubbish statements like that.

saint.nick

Coach
Yeah I'm not going to agree with rubbish statements like that.
Yeah in all honesty I have no idea why the estate have had a change of mind, my point is that it's pretty bizarre and completely against what Christopher would typically do, who I still reckon is a selfish, spiteful prick. Peter Jackson made three absolutely world class LOTR movies yet he reckons Jackson ruined LOTR - and refused to even meet him, which is disrespectful and out-of-touch. All of this because he can't detach himself from the nostalgia of his dad reading stories to him before bed time.

PJ

First Grade
Maybe he saw something in the LOTR movies most of us missed that blossomed in the Hobbit series, which was one of the greatest steaming turds of a collection of cinema.

vvvrulz

Coach
Maybe he saw something in the LOTR movies most of us missed that blossomed in the Hobbit series, which was one of the greatest steaming turds of a collection of cinema.

The first Hobbit was solid and full of life, the other two were very mediocre though.

I'm also one of the few that rates Fellowship (one of the greatest movies ever made) a long way above the other two LOTR movies. They're decent but quite choppy and bloated, I think overall the franchise is quite overrated.

The hobbit was one of the most boring books of all time

In my opinion one of the only times the movie was better than a book

Latest posts